MSI Meg Ace X570 Not Posting

Associate
Came home tonight and fired up the machine. Few days old 3900x and no post/display.

Motherboard is showing debug Code 60 or 61 depending on how it feels.

Tried to do the USB Bios Flash which looks like it works but when rebooting it never posts.

Tried USB flash to latest bios, then when booting I get error code 07 and the debug light shows no cpu or cpu failure.

I have tried just one stick of ram in all slots, same issues. Have flashed with and without cpu in the socket.

No idea what to try now? Do I RMA both board and cpu?

Anyone got any ideas.

TrM

TrM

Associate
It sounds like a dead motherboard does the computer flash 00 when first booted then move onto 07? I had the same thing happen on a mai x370 titanium and had to rma the mobo

Associate
OP
Before you pack it all up, try flashing v12 rather than the latest, do it by the book without any CPU or RAM installed etc, just board and PSU

Did that earlier.

V11 and V12 firmware gives the same debug codes of either 60 or 61.

V13 gives 07 and shows the Cpu Failure or Cpu missing Led

Associate
OP
It sounds like a dead motherboard does the computer flash 00 when first booted then move onto 07? I had the same thing happen on a mai x370 titanium and had to rma the mobo

Yes firmware V13 starts at 00 then goes through a few codes before stopping on 07.

V11 and V12 go past 07 and stop at 60 or 61

Associate
OP
Ahh OK, all those code if you have a look in the manual (I have the same board) relate to the CPU.

However, you may as well RMA both at the same time to be sure.

Ok, I'll give Overclockers a call tomorrow if there open. Are they good for RMA support?

Just flashed V13 back and now its displaying debug code 61. No Cpu failure led now.

Soldato
Ok, I'll give Overclockers a call tomorrow if there open. Are they good for RMA support?

Just flashed V13 back and now its displaying debug code 61. No Cpu failure led now.

Honestly, ive had excellent experiences, good, and bad, same with everywhere to be honest.

I was just looking at the manual again, and 61 is nvram initialisation, that could relate to the bios chip itself.

Associate
OP
Honestly, ive had excellent experiences, good, and bad, same with everywhere to be honest.

I was just looking at the manual again, and 61 is nvram initialisation, that could relate to the bios chip itself.

Yes that's what I thought. I think it's the board. Gutted.

Associate
I had issues with my new board last night. First it was 3 long beeps (bad ram), then it was no post, followed by it working then back to 3 long beeps. The initial problem appears to have been that the Windows usb stick I made was in a port during boot and it did not like that.

I then tried to OC my ram because it was only running at 2400 and that sent me back to square 1. Tried clearing cmos, using the bios flash port on the back, pulling the battery and nothing worked. Removed all power from the system and went to bed and when I came back this morning the system worked. Went into bios and saw that the bios had not updated, flashed it via mflash, enabled the 3200 ram profile and everything worked. Currently running memtest86 to see if it is stable.

Lessons I picked up. Update bios asap but other than that I have no clue why I experienced these problems. Everything has seemed random.

Associate
OP
Glad to hear you got it working though! I tried again this afternoon, removed everything, flashed bios using different usb key and still the same. Either code 60 or 61.

I have ordered another board which should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that will resolve it, cant see it being the cpu and or 2 x sticks of ram. Was all running so well and then nothing!!

Associate
I had similar issues with mine the very first time I powered it up. Not had a repeat, but clearing the cmos then flashing v12 sorted it. Did you clear cmos immediately before flashing?

Error 61 points to ram. Have you definitely got them in the right slots? Stupid question (having made the same mistake myself) but have you also tested each stick separately?

Associate
OP
I had similar issues with mine the very first time I powered it up. Not had a repeat, but clearing the cmos then flashing v12 sorted it. Did you clear cmos immediately before flashing?

Error 61 points to ram. Have you definitely got them in the right slots? Stupid question (having made the same mistake myself) but have you also tested each stick separately?

I've tested them both individually in all slots and still the same issues. I dont have any more ddr4 ram to try. Would seem strange both sticks going down? Always possible.

I have since fitted a Asrock Taichi x570 motherboard and have the exact same problem, code 61. So that's ruled that out. Cpu or Memory to try now. Will get some ddr4 from work tomorrow to eliminate that.

Have ordered a 3700x to try which will arrive tomorrow. Knowing my luck it will be my psu after all this !!

Associate
I've tested them both individually in all slots and still the same issues. I dont have any more ddr4 ram to try. Would seem strange both sticks going down? Always possible.

I have since fitted a Asrock Taichi x570 motherboard and have the exact same problem, code 61. So that's ruled that out. Cpu or Memory to try now. Will get some ddr4 from work tomorrow to eliminate that.

Have ordered a 3700x to try which will arrive tomorrow. Knowing my luck it will be my psu after all this !!

I am having another issue which appears to be happening with other manufactures. After I shut my system down for about 30 minutes I get a message that there has been a cpu/memory change or the CMOS has been reset. After much fiddling around I have ruled out that the CMOS is being reset (battery fine etc etc) and now I am left with the memory. This all may be down to an immature bios/ram capability issue. Le sigh.

Soldato
I am having another issue which appears to be happening with other manufactures. After I shut my system down for about 30 minutes I get a message that there has been a cpu/memory change or the CMOS has been reset. After much fiddling around I have ruled out that the CMOS is being reset (battery fine etc etc) and now I am left with the memory. This all may be down to an immature bios/ram capability issue. Le sigh.

If its an MSI board, go into the bios - OC Settings - change OC mode from normal to expert, then scroll down the page a bit, you'll see an option called memory change detect, set it to disabled, save and exit, hopefully that will fix that.

Associate
If its an MSI board, go into the bios - OC Settings - change OC mode from normal to expert, then scroll down the page a bit, you'll see an option called memory change detect, set it to disabled, save and exit, hopefully that will fix that.

Thank you. I will give this a try and report back with my results but I am hopeful!

Soldato
@Jamin280672 It has appeared to work! Booted up this morning and my computer went straight to Windows. Thank you for the suggestion.

Great, I saw your thread on the msi forums, that rblroy or whatever his username is... .is a bit of a ****, he tries everything except the obvious and if that doesn't work, he tells everyone to forward or back flash their bios.

Associate
OP
Tested both my sticks of ram at work on a Dell desktop PC and they seem fine. Ran the diagnostics and they pass. 3700x arriving today, but i'm starting to think this could be the GPU. Borrowing a mates old 780 later so hopefully will have a definite answer as to what is causing this tonight.

One quick question, what is considered the best X570 motherboard between the Taichi and the MSI Meg Ace?

Soldato
Tested both my sticks of ram at work on a Dell desktop PC and they seem fine. Ran the diagnostics and they pass. 3700x arriving today, but i'm starting to think this could be the GPU. Borrowing a mates old 780 later so hopefully will have a definite answer as to what is causing this tonight.

One quick question, what is considered the best X570 motherboard between the Taichi and the MSI Meg Ace?

Taichi vs the Ace, id go for the Ace everytime, ive heard plenty of stories about the Taichi and the positioning of the chipset fan, it gets covered by the GPU if you have a long GPU and then when it is running, all its doing is drawing heat down from your GPU, lots of crashes and shutdowns because of an over heating chipset, the Ace on the other hand is offset, and also has the heatpipe to help with the cooling.

Back
Top Bottom