MSI Meg Ace x670e Motherboard

Associate
I have this motherboard kindly sold to me by @kindai. Again all working fine and thanks for the purchase.

However i've come across a potential issue.. unless it's due to a bios fault.

What are the typical temperatures for the motherboard sensor? Mine is showing average 48-50c, which seems a lot higher than i expected... my old 5800x with Crosshair impact was in the high to mid 20s (granted not as power hungry, but still unusual)... not sure if there is a fault with the sensor, or whether this is normal.

The motherboard is also running BIOS v7D69v1E which was released on the 11th April and that includes the AGESA ComboPI 1.1.0.2b Patch A update... which is fine, however when i updated the BIOS to v7D69v1I (1st Aug), i get the random reboot while on the OS.
I could be working or the computer would just be idle and the computer would randomly reboot. No specific errors found in event viewer other than system restart unexpectantly. Has anyone had issues running this update?

I did see on the change logs, that random reboots was fixed on update v7D69v1H (7th July), but the update i installed was a later release.

How often do people update the BIOS.. straight away, or leave it every few revisions?

Settings:
EXPO enabled
CO -30
Though vsoc is set to 1300 and won't allow me to change

Last edited:
Changing BIOS versions can change things in how the BIOS configures itself (e.g. when enable EXPO or operates with voltages) which could lead to instability that you don't get on other versions.

Every board can place these sensors in different locations, so not something I'd worry about.

ahh that's true.. i'll update the bios again at some point and reduce the CO to see what happens.

Would setting PBO limits on this chip help? I did on my 5800x which saw slight temperature improvements, but heard mixed results on X3D chips

With the mobo sensor, i'll check to see where this is on the board, and perhaps add an external sensor to check the difference

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom