MSI MXM Upgrades Possible through 3rd party?

Associate
Hi,

Anyone else wonder why MSI told you we couldn't upgrade MXM laptops 9 series into 10 series?

Yet I can purchase through this website?

I had a MSI GT72 Dominator Pro as per the below, it shows you can upgrade to a 1070 with a minor heatsink upgrade at a minimal cost which MSI could have manufactured and shipped with upgrades or got a third party to make for them and shipped it....

Very confused now?!

@natarie @Loki

nmhoif.png

Associate
OP
Spoke with eurocom they advised

Upgrade is possible 980m to 1060 and 1070 is possible due to power consumption is similar. 1080 won't work.

However msi told me the power consumption changed so much that 60 and 70 were not possible upgrades either.

So who is telling porkies? Msi or eurocom?

Out of interest has anyone ordered and had a working upgrade from eurocom?

Associate
I ve read few pages of that original thread and i ll say MSI as if nobody in MSI expected users upgrading and didnt have the right answers or info ready before hand so once all these upgrade issues started depending on where end users contacted they were getting different responses each time and then MSI tried to cover up their mistake by given misleading information.... It either works or it doesnt. Simple is that....

Associate
OP
I ve read few pages of that original thread and i ll say MSI as if nobody in MSI expected users upgrading and didnt have the right answers or info ready before hand so once all these upgrade issues started depending on where end users contacted they were getting different responses each time and then MSI tried to cover up their mistake by given misleading information.... It either works or it doesnt. Simple is that....

Well it works clearly otherwise Eurocom wouldn't sell these :p

Back
Top Bottom