• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI response on Oil Fan Leakage!

Caporegime
Yes, MSI knows about this issue. If you keep the card in hot condition (fan keeps running at 100% rpm all the time, for example “coins mining”) fan oil leak may occur. AMD GAMING cards seem to be more affected by this. This is fan vendor production issue. The vendor improved fan solution since Nov. 2013 to prevent recurrence of this issue. New production models are not affected by this.

If you happen to buy a VGA that was made before Nov. 2013 and fan oil leakage occurred, please accept our apology and send the VGA to RMA where it will be solved. We keep tracing this issue and quality.

I was contacted today with this above ^ Kept it separate from the other thread as it doesn't get lost

Caporegime
OP
MSI holding their hands up again, another reason why we love them.

They didn't hold their hands up first though and neither did OCUK, not sure why people are so quick to say "Well done".

Anyway, at least this will put some positives thoughts for those that have had the issue :cool:

Caporegime
OP
I bet not all peeps were running hot conditions esp. in UK with 100% fan and mining though, so that a little get out of jail marketing BS.

Pretty much, they are putting more blame on people mining and running 100% fan speed :mad:.

Sorry it's not your fault, it's our fans they are ****, is what they should be saying

Caporegime
OP
I may get flamed for this, but it's hardly the manufacturers fault if people buy something then use it in a way it was never designed/intended/expected to be used and it fails as a result.

So the fan isn't designed to run at 100%? The card isn't designed to get hot at all?

What part do you not understand?

Are you and MSI trying to say all the cards were in a hot environment, running 100% fan as mining?

The fans are flawed end of.

This ^

Basically according to MSI the fans are not designed to cool a hot gpu or run at the highest speed!

Caporegime
OP
WT_?

See this? its a Tahiti LE (1536 SP), its mine, it has one 92mm fan and pathetic excuse for a HS, under that huge steel black shroud there is a lump of Alloy that's no bigger than your hand.

@ 1200 / 1600 it never gets over 75c on a quiet 40% fan profile.

Something wrong with your GPU's cooling or is your case just not much good?

Yes, it's my case which cooled my 660 overclocked to the point it never went over 55C in games :) and my CPU never gets over 65C through prime. The msi Fans are just not very good!

Oh just noticed you posted a 7870 ( Totally different cards )

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hmm so as I said MSI are basically blaming people that are running 100% fan speeds and mining for very long periods of time. So what about the people that don't mine and only game?

Need more responses from people who don't mine ^

Caporegime
OP
From Play3r
http://www.play3r.net/

While overall I have no problems with MSI they did let me down with the R9 GPUs. It took me 7 different Cards before I got 2 that worked and as you mentioned they were all due to either bearing oil leaks or other fan issues. Can say when I finally got 2 that worked they were brilliant though lol -Ben

:eek: 7 ouch

Back
Top Bottom