• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI Vega 56 or 64 Airboost thoughts?

Associate
A few suppliers are now clearing these out the vega 56 is around £219 and the 64 is £269, but I've been reading so many stories about how bad a card they are, and undervolting is a must to keep them from crashing or overheating.

I did place and order for a Vega 56 but cancelled it this morning before it got dispatched.

I've currently got a 1050ti, not a hard core gamer but I run 3 1080p monitors in portrait mode. It was playing gears 4 on two monitors in portrait perfectly fine for me, not tried with three as of yet as I was just setting it all up.

The setup is a AMD Ryzen 3700X - 32GB 3200 Crucial ram - 1tb SSD with a Arous X570 Elite MOBO.

Should I bite the bullet or wait, not in any real hurry to replace the card, it was just a good price.

Thanks all.

Associate
OP
not a hard core gamer, still do a bit here and there. The PC will mainly be used for some video work as the Mrs has a cooking youtube channel and she wants to get back into making vids, so i'll be doing the editing, and possibly some rendering/converting etc as an when I get time. Kids will use it for youtube.

Associate
OP
Thanks all, I am tempted, however no hurry so will hold off a little and maybe go with a 5700 at a later date.

Associate
OP
thanks all, will hold out for a bit, been thinking about it and I think the vega would do the job, but for the money I'll wait a bit and get something later on, if any good deals appear on black friday I might bite then.

Associate
OP
went with the 56 myself, I'll sell the 1050ti which will part pay for the 56. Anyone know if MORPHEUS VEGA HEATPIPE VGA COOLER is still being made, can't find any for sale anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom