MSN File transfer

JC

JC

Soldato
I just updated my msn today to the latest live version, my mate sent me a WAV file (took 20mins to send!) but when it arrived MSN told me that it had blocked a potentially harmful file, and deleted it from "my received files" :eek: What gives? How do I get my file back? Is there a way to disable this silly blocking, I have it set to virus scan file transfers anyway!

Permabanned
Options > File Transfer > "Scan for viruses using"

Tell it where your virus scanner lives. For NOD32 I used "C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe" /scanfile+ /quit+.

I believe if you put "\" (just \), it'll think it's scanned the file.

Permabanned
AlienWhere said:
I just updated my msn today to the latest live version, my mate sent me a WAV file (took 20mins to send!) but when it arrived MSN told me that it had blocked a potentially harmful file, and deleted it from "my received files" :eek: What gives? How do I get my file back? Is there a way to disable this silly blocking, I have it set to virus scan file transfers anyway!
zip it up and send it, msn doesnt like exe and some media files.

Associate
If you dont use the link in messenger to listen to it, then just go to to your "recieved documents" folder and run it from there.

I had this problem a while ago, if you use the link in messenger to run it then it destroys the file, but if you run it from explorer then it works fine

Back
Top Bottom