MSN/Hotmail Junk Mail Filter

Soldato
This is a bit weird. In the past when i marked junk mail in my hotmail account and clicked the Junk button it added the senders of the junk mail to the blocked senders list but it doesnt do this any more. Is there a setting i need to check?

Soldato
TheMagicPirate said:
I've noticed a LOT more junk mail gettin thro' my hotmail filter recently like.

Maybe its a problem at their end?
Aye me too, is still catching a fair bit but lots more getting through.

Yahoo on the other hand seems exemplary, catches everything and barely any false positives :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hotmail is a joke. The junk filter doesn't work at all for me. I've pretty much abandoned that address. Still have to check it though as n00bs ignore any instruction to update to my newer addresses.

Associate
Yea I have long since abandoned hotmail, other than I use it as my spamcatcher - whenever I sign up for any forums or have to divulge an email address at all I will give my hotmail one, keeps my 'real' address clear

Soldato
OP
I have had this hotmail account for years (Over 10 i think :eek:) so my friends etc all use it... Its just really annoying! May have to turn the filter to max security so only ppl in my contacts can send email to me...

Soldato
Skyline said:
I have had this hotmail account for years (Over 10 i think :eek:) so my friends etc all use it... Its just really annoying! May have to turn the filter to max security so only ppl in my contacts can send email to me...
Also changed mine to...
Exclusive - you will only receive e-mail from addresses appearing in your Contacts, service announcements from Hotmail, and messages you have consented to receive from MSN
Have to because I use Mozilla Thunderbird with WebMail - Hotmail extension to download my mail. Have to keep checking the Junk Mail folder for any 'legitmate' mail :mad:

Back
Top Bottom