Multi Device Wireless Keyboards and Mice

Soldato
I'm looking to streamline my home office setup and make my desk a bit neater so was considering a wireless keyboard and mouse with multi device support to connect to both my works laptop and my personal desktop (something like the Logitech MK850 https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/mk850-wireless-keyboard-mouse-combo) does anyone have any experience/recommendations with these type of devices? It will be used almost exclusively for office type work, the odd bit of music recording and some photo editing.

Associate
I got (or rather got gifted one) a G603 mouse which does exactly what you need. I have the wireless adapter in my main PC and paired the bluetooth with my work laptop. I can press a single button and it switched instantly between the two connections.

Soldato
OP
So I got the mk850 and got to say I’m really pleased with it the switching between devices works brilliantly and both mouse and keyboard are comfortable to use. I paid a bit less than asking as I went for an open box warehouse offer which made it an even better purchase as normally it is quite expensive.

Associate
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am also looking at a multi-device keyboard and mouse setup. At the moment I have my home desktop on one monitor (Monitor A) and my work laptop with docking station paired with two monitors (A and B). I am happy just changing the input to Monitor A manually using the menu directly on the monitor (I was considering a KVM but it seems like a nightmare). However I also have two mice and two keyboards, which is a nightmare.

I am looking for something similar to MK850, but with a left hand or ambidextrous mouse as I am left handed.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this?

Soldato
Slightly on a tangent, but I recently did a fair bit of research into keyboards primarily, but also mice. I was previously using a wired Corsair Strafe gaming keyboard and a wired Corsair M65 mouse.

I tried out a few different keyboards and ended up with the Logitech MX Keys. The reason I mention this is a function I don't actually use but which seems pertinent to your requirements - it has dedicated buttons for switching between control of 3 different devices.

Separately I tried out a few mice, and settled on the Logitech Master mouse - mine is an older model that Logitech appear to have licenced to a large online retailer which I picked up for £30 in a sale, but it seems excellent - when I switch to other mice I particularly miss its unusual extremely fast scrolling vertical scrolling function, and the side-scrolling wheel which I've reallocated to volume control. I also find its larger size much more comfortable in hand, but that's very specific to the user, so not of much help in your search.

I'd definitely put both the keyboard and the mouse on your list to look into in more detail.

Back
Top Bottom