Multiple monitors, RTX 2060 & Lag

Associate
This is driving me to distraction. Usually I like to play a game and have something running on my second monitor, whether it be a film, some of my youtube subscriptions or whatever - however, I'll be running a game (at the moment, Destiny 2) and it'll pretty much render the prospect of doing anything but listen to music impossible.

Current set up is as follows:

Monitors:

2x Samsung U28E590 Monitors (Tried running them at native 4k and 1440p)

Hardware:

Ryzen 5 2600
16gb Team group memory running @3000mhz
Samsung 960 Evo m.2 NvME
EVGA RTX 2060 Ultra gaming

Am I missing something? Is the GPU not powerful enough? Is Windows 10 Actually hot trash, or should I be using something other than Klite, VLC, Chrome of Firefox? Should I add more memory or a more powerful CPU?

I'm actually in the middle of planning my next upgrade, so would like to see this resolved if I can to avoid the pitfalls in my next build.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Permabanned
It's a fair ask you're to be running what you're running.
Streaming a YT whilst playing D2...you're next build won't do much better....you're ample fine as is.
If you're not hearing "the music" you're trying to "stream" when gaming it may be that your in game volume is too high.<...not meant to be patronising.
your in0rnets are not bandwidth enough to for the data demand you're after .....
your QoS on your gateway/and/or router-router is rubbish and not prioritising correctly...
etc

TBH I don't think anyone can solve your question but you by trial, error, elimination, etc.

Associate
Possibly the OS is putting your movies/youtube windows on a super-low priority while you have a game running on the other monitor. I'd try adjusting their priority manually. I'd also expect your issue to be more likely if your game is running exclusive full screen. If that's what you're using, you could try switching to borderless full screen and seeing if that makes a difference.

Associate
OP
It's a fair ask you're to be running what you're running.
Streaming a YT whilst playing D2...you're next build won't do much better....you're ample fine as is.
If you're not hearing "the music" you're trying to "stream" when gaming it may be that your in game volume is too high.<...not meant to be patronising.
your in0rnets are not bandwidth enough to for the data demand you're after .....
your QoS on your gateway/and/or router-router is rubbish and not prioritising correctly...
etc

TBH I don't think anyone can solve your question but you by trial, error, elimination, etc.

I think you misunderstand my meaning friend - the problem isn't hearing any kind of soundtrack...The problem is that I could be playing a strike like the pyramidion, and running any kind of video on the second screen at 1080p would be impossible because it would be dropping frames like it had no resources available.

Possibly the OS is putting your movies/youtube windows on a super-low priority while you have a game running on the other monitor. I'd try adjusting their priority manually. I'd also expect your issue to be more likely if your game is running exclusive full screen. If that's what you're using, you could try switching to borderless full screen and seeing if that makes a difference.

I've tried the latter in a number of combinations including just leaving everything at a default full screen, windowed and borderless - to no avail. I've also toyed with adjusting priority, and that hasn't been helping either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom