Multiple Websites on a single server

Associate
Hello all,

I need to set up an Apache server that can serve a mixture of WSGI and PHP websites from a single VPS. I have read about creating virtual servers, but haven't seen a way to run multiple sites (each site has its own domain name).

Any tips would be great. :)

Associate
OP
I'd also look into a CPanel / WHM set up which would allow you to make accounts for all the websites, to give them their own logins / resources etc. Makes things easy, rather than messing about with configs.

I was thinking this might make things easier in the long term, having to manually change the config files for each new site would be a nightmare. What is pricing like for CPanel and is it worth the money?

Associate
OP
Have a look on Licensepal.com or buycpanel.com - it's roughly $15 per month for cPanel. There are also other 'paid' control panels like Plesk and DirectAdmin which tend to be a fair amount cheaper - Plesk can be had for a few euro's a month (netsys-online.com).

Alternatively there are a number of free control panels out there like ISPConfig and Neon that might be worth trying (although stay away from the likes of ZPanel as it's riddled with security issues).

Might be worth having a look on the lowendtalk.com forums as there is plenty of info over there on this type of 'thing'.

Back to your OP, Virtual Hosts is what you're after and uniQ's link explains it all.

I will have a think about cPanel, as well as Plesk. I just tried a demo of plesk and it seemed quite useful and had a lot of nice features. I have just gone onto the forum and am going to give it a good read, thanks. :)

I am looking at the link now and making some changes to the configuration file, hopefully nothing breaks. :p

Back
Top Bottom