Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
I went for the two pack of 600MaH ones, for a fiver. One battery seems to last 10 minutes so 3 in total will be enough for my basic flying. If you want another charger I think there is a pack of 5 batteries plus charged for £20.

I'd recommend 'modding' the camera so it doesn't point at the ground when it arrives by the way. It gives much better video!

Thanks Stew. Do you have a link mate?

Soldato
No been flying my Q450 much recently - reason being it that I've got a dodgy eye and need a cataract op done. (38 year old!) It's hard to judge how high/far etc by just watching it with only one good eye and slightly lost trust in myself.

Once the op is done, will go for some FPV gear i think as a treat!

Associate
Ordered the Syma X5C-1 from BangGood on Monday and it arrived today :-0

They also did send the upgraded version so happy days. Tried to "fly" it in the house and I nearly decapitated the Mrs. Think I better get some practice in out doors.

Very impressed by BangGoods delivery time and Im hoping I dont need to sample their customer service.

Soldato
I ordered a pack of 4 batteries for my quadcopter the other day. When I opened the package I found only 1 battery. I was livid until I realised the model of the quad is X4...

Don
Had a few weeks to play with an x5c-1, loved it so much I just placed a deposit on a phantom3 pro, I know it's rather a large step up but it feels like it has all the functionality and ease of use I require. I'm very much looking forward to having a play with it!! :cool:

Soldato
They are not bad at all, DJMK4. The camera ISN'T Sony quality, and DOESN'T handle light/dark transitions nearly as well, but for a low cost basher/spare, it's quite an insane price.

The TX should work with FS and the other brands just fine (Boscam, Foxtech etc). Look into getting a bulkhead adaptor and running the antenna through your frame. This TX has a very weak antenna mount

Associate
Amazon refunded my faulty Hubsan so have now jumped ship to a Syma to get a feel for a slightly bigger model :) Ordered through banggood and it was cheaper to get from their UK warehouse than their Chinese one... strange...

Associate
OK, I am confused.

I cant seem to find the props for my quad. It's a f450 and the shaft of the prop is not fully round and has a cutout on each side.

I don't know what this type of fitting is called. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tony

Soldato
OK, I am confused.

I cant seem to find the props for my quad. It's a f450 and the shaft of the prop is not fully round and has a cutout on each side.

I don't know what this type of fitting is called. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tony

If it helps im using the following props on my F450

2 Pairs DJI Phantom CW CCW 9" 9443 Self-Tighten Propellers Prop White+Red UK New

they are the same make as the grey ones that come stock with the kit.

I have had the same phantom props on for months, not broken

Soldato
They are not bad at all, DJMK4. The camera ISN'T Sony quality, and DOESN'T handle light/dark transitions nearly as well, but for a low cost basher/spare, it's quite an insane price.

The TX should work with FS and the other brands just fine (Boscam, Foxtech etc). Look into getting a bulkhead adaptor and running the antenna through your frame. This TX has a very weak antenna mount

Cool, I may just get one of these, unless there is a better cheaper one around. Would be good to have a bash about or one for another model.

Associate
If it helps im using the following props on my F450

2 Pairs DJI Phantom CW CCW 9" 9443 Self-Tighten Propellers Prop White+Red UK New

they are the same make as the grey ones that come stock with the kit.

I have had the same phantom props on for months, not broken

Thanks, will look them up.

umm I had a go at manual flying in strong wind... MASSIVE crash!

Back
Top Bottom