Music magpie drop off service

Soldato
Hey guys,

After some recommendations from this forum, I decided to take a look at Music Magpie for a quote on my 13 Pro Max, and it’s a great price!

My question is if anyone has used the drop off service and experience?

As this would be my preferred method over posting it.

Soldato
It’s where you dump your phone in a machine and it somehow does its checks there and then. It’ll then offer you a price and if you accept you get paid immediately.

No idea how it works and how it gauges condition etc. Heard about it but never tried it, I’ve always just sent devices off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Used it a couple of times and it worked well as long as the phone was in the condition that you said when setting up the order, it takes 5-10 minutes for it to go through the process and then you got a receipt and paid very quickly. If something isn't right or the system isn't happy about something it gives a revised price and you can accept or reject it.

Soldato
Used it a couple of times and it worked well as long as the phone was in the condition that you said when setting up the order, it takes 5-10 minutes for it to go through the process and then you got a receipt and paid very quickly. If something isn't right or the system isn't happy about something it gives a revised price and you can accept or reject it.
Mirrors my experience too...done it with a 14 pro and the check admittedly does take a while, an uncomfortable amount of time to be honest but it does work. Was paid by the time I got back to the house, no hassle.

Last edited:
Soldato
They do charge you £10 for the privilege of using it, but to be honest I don't mind paying that as its not a lot different from the cost of RMSD anyway

Soldato
They do charge you £10 for the privilege of using it, but to be honest I don't mind paying that as its not a lot different from the cost of RMSD anyway
Music Magpie used to provide insurance for the value of the device through their free shipping methods but now it's limited to £150 so it's certainly alternative to paying £8 roughly for RMSD and the time to get paid.

Plus if there's an issue with the device in their eyes in terms of value (when checked through the kiosk), you know there and then and can reject the offer they give you. Device back in your hands and no real time wasted.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow this sounds great.

I’ve always been wary of sending my phones off to these trade in places as I hear horror stories of them saying phone arrived damaged etc, but if you’re able to do the checks there and then and get paid it sounds ideal!

Will defo use them for my next trade in….

Soldato
I’m currently at a stand at the moment. Trying to sell and old iPhone 11.

What a nightmare this is. I’ve been here for about 30 minutes? It all seemed to be going well but didn’t get past the device check. Waited a good 10 minutes then it popped up failed.

It said take the device out and put the screen on for the code and hit retest. Done so. Door closed then opened then closed. Then went back the the Home Screen.

Went through theme whole process again and am now waiting on it doing a condition check.

Soldato
So eventually I got it going. It took about 1½ hours to get it done. The payment came through as soon as I left the shop which was less than 1 minute later. So can’t complain with that.

Think I’ll just post it the next time and save £10 and time.

Soldato
Just took my daughters somewhat beaten up 11 Pro down and took about 15 minutes for it to complete and me to be paid. Only issue I had to start with was IMEI screen turned off to quickly so I closed and re-opened it when i put the phone in the scanner and it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom