Music streaming, offline listening, family plan - *lost!*

Soldato
So I'm trying to look at the best way of enabling my son to stream music, as well as download and take out with him.

My thoughts are "Prime." Or "Spotify"

A prime account gives music and video and the other obvious perks which seem very worth the monthly subscription BUT
Can my son make use of this using an android device with his own Google account? Can I "share" the benefits?
I see theres also prime unlimited (which suggests more offline listening) and family plan, but I've read that simply normal prime benefits can be shared with other household members.

I'm confused by the tiers, how much the account can be shared and actually whether it's better to use Spotify... Can anyone shed any light on what looks to be a confusing set of rules and options!

Regular prime can be shared with anyone you trust.

My family have had one amazon account for 10+ years. Started when we lived together and now my sister and I have moved out and across the country we still use it without issues.

We do use Spotify family for music though as we much prefer it. Same situation of being spread across the country without any issues.

I've had YouTube premium via a VPN now for about 4 years. 5 accounts so nobody else messes with my music choices and can download whatever for offline play as well...

Thanks for opinions and advice. YT had specified that it needs all members to be 13+, so that is ruled out for now.

So does Spotify. Id imagine Amazon the same.

Surely just ignore this?

Edit no seems you can give Amazon music to a child's Amazon account?

Last edited:
I'm still no further forward here... Being less than 13 is a real issue, but he needs music for sensory isolation and regulation.

YouTube music may be the way to go I guess as it's already in his Google account, it's just whether he can download songs for offline listening out and about (device is WiFi only)

Last edited:
You can download music and videos with YouTube premium for offline content.
£2 a month via Indian vpn for 5 accounts.
Kids seem to use YouTube more than any other streaming.

Back
Top Bottom