Must have Wordpress Plugins

Associate
We tend to use a boilerplate with various functions we require on our sites, but there are a few we always install on every site.

Contact Form 7 + Contact Form DB (To cover any loss of emails being sent we have a history of all contacts)
iThemes Security
WordPress SEO

Soldato
My favourite is the premium RoyalSlider plugin from CodeCanyon. I don't use the slider aspect of it at all, but it's great for large photo galleries. TablePress isn't far behind.

A couple of small ones for managing the backend of my sites are Custom Upload Dir and Duplicate Post.

Soldato
On my work site I use:
Block Bad Queries
iThemes Security
TablePress
UK Cookie Consent
Wordfence Security

I'd be interested in whether people can recommend a calendar plugin? I'm looking for something that allows me to display upcoming events (the website is for a school) and then for the events to disappear once the date has passed. For example Thursday just gone was Leavers' Night where our Y11 and Y13 students who are moving on and Friday (yesterday) was their last day. I currently have a text box which I have to manually enter dates and then remove them. I'd love being able to enter events and then see them removed once the event has passed. Any ideas? I've looked before and all I could ever find was heavily dependent on Google calendars which heavily affected the appearance of the box I wanted to display the events in, something I wasn't happy with.

For reference, http://www.shaftesbury.harrow.sch.uk/, light blue box on right hand side called Calendars & Events to see what I mean by keeping the appearance as it is.

Caporegime
As youve said, we used to use google Calender's at the school I worked in, that coupled with the google api I think and for the life of me something else I can't remember...

Back
Top Bottom