• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

my 9800pro = dead? (hardware-wise)

omi

omi

Associate
I sold my 9800pro on ebay and the person has said it has stopped working.

I have been trying to troubleshoot for him with no luck. according to him he hooked it up to a dual view system monitor and a projector then the next day it stopped working.

any ideas what caused this?

apparently he tried it on three other pcs he owns and also his mates pc. all nada

I have told him

check AGP slot connection

powersupply

fan on the gfx card

physical damage

anything else he should try?

also its a sapphire one, googling says its a 3 year warranty but when I contact sapphire customer service they said its out of warranty as its over 2 years. I got it in feb 2004 from OcUK.

Associate
If you can find a document which backs up the three year warranty then you should be fine for a replacement. However, OCUK will tell you to deal directly with Sapphire, and Sapphire will probably do the same...

Other than that did you give any guarantees on eBay? If the card worked on arrival and later failed than it is not your responsibility really. If it was DOA then yes, but it actually worked so you cannot be at fault there.
However, he is likely to neg you on the feedback :(

omi

omi

Associate
OP
thanks for the replies,

i dont have any form of evidence of a 3yr warranty, besides the invoice/receipts from OCuk which only states the date of purchase. might ring up OCuk and check with them as well, their tech support was pretty good the last time i used it.

wasnt a problem to deal with sapphire directly, just filled in their support form thingy.

yeah i know sucks doesnt it? probably get a neg feedback despite putting a fair bit of effort to help out. no grounds for a refund as it stands at the moment. I do put that into my refund policy on the auction site so it cant be disputed.

Associate
A solution might be to be upfront that (a) it worked when you sent it, and you sent it in all good faith and (b) for whatever reason, it doesn't want to work in his machine. There is equal chance, from a neutral perspective that either of you could be in the wrong.

Offer to split the difference in the cost of the card, on the priviso that neither of you leave bad feedback about the other, and that he returns the card. Let him send the card back to you first, and then return half his money (assuming he agress). No one wants bad feedback and this way everyone gets something/doesn't loose everything.

Back
Top Bottom