My C Drive space keeps going way down! (win7-64bt)

Associate
hi

noticed this for a while now and i can be fine at around 30gig on c drive then after a day its around 7gb and i reboot and clear system restore files and bin etc via disk cleanup and its still sits at around the same 7gb size and i dont download any files on c drive then after a few days and reboots its back to normal size again but like today its back down to 7gb and i dont know what to delete or what is causing it. i really hope someone can give me some tips please on what is going on or what i can try...

huge thanks for any help

Man of Honour
To avoid potential issues best not - if you are space constrained set pagefile to Initial size 1024MB, max 8192MB.

Hibernation can be disabled entirely.

Another potential space hog is Spotify if you use it - the cache can grow to several GBs unless you manually change the way it works - google Spotify cache size. You might find things like previous video drivers are also being stored especially if you've previously used nVidia at all.

Associate
OP
To avoid potential issues best not - if you are space constrained set pagefile to Initial size 1024MB, max 8192MB.

Hibernation can be disabled entirely.

Another potential space hog is Spotify if you use it - the cache can grow to several GBs unless you manually change the way it works - google Spotify cache size. You might find things like previous video drivers are also being stored especially if you've previously used nVidia at all.

k thanks i will do that and yeah i use spotify and will also look into that too. thanks again for the help

Associate
Do you have an apple phone backing up on C drive ? I know mine will fill the drive up over a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom