My cars LPG Conversion

Associate
Today is the day I get my Jeep back :D
3.5 days and £2k lighter!
BUT from now on I will be able to purchase fuel at 33.5p/ltr.

I have just had a Sequential Gas Injection system installed, giving me about 70ltr of LPG where the spare wheel used to be.
Instead of it costing me ~£60 for a full tank of petrol, it will now cost about £23 AND I will get the same mileage to the tank, and no loss of power :D

I am chuffed to bits, to say the least. Also emissions and particulate emissions will be down by up to 90%!! So not only am I saving money, I am being green, and still have plenty of power to have fun.

GO Me!

Associate
OP
Dangerous said:
If he uses a tank a week will be about 52 weeks :)

Not a bad estimate Dave, I have calculated it will take about 14months, due to the appauling MPG my car gives.

LPG is unlikely to rise to the astronomical levels of tax that petrol has for the next few years at least, I would have thought.It is considerably more efficient and friendly to the environment, so the Govt. would shoot itself in the foot if they did that. Although all things considered, the Govt. are not exactly logical in thier decision making.
My thinking, is that they will rase the duty in line with the cost of petrol. I.E. petrol Rises by 1p/ltr, so LPG will rise by the same.

Associate
OP
CB666 said:
i'm afraid you will be down on mpg figures by about 10% and will see a small amount of power loss but nothing drastic!

That was certainly the case with the slightly older 'Mixer' systems. but independant tests have shown the SGI system to be practically as efficient as normal petrol. The SGI system has proper injectors installed in the inley manufold, just like the petrol ones, whereas the mixer system, literally mixes it prior to the cylinder.
Anyway, as its a 4.7ltr V8, i doubt I will notice any power loss, and what mpg difference they may be, will be so low, I wont notice that either.

Associate
OP
At the moment, I have no idea what MPG on Gas, as I will only get it back from the conversion in an hour! On petrol I get about 17 around town, and 23-25 on motorway runs. If I plant my foot, and play silly beggers its perfectly possible to hit single figures!
I will keep this thread updated once I get a few tanks through the system

Back
Top Bottom