My 'Complaint' to McDonalds

Associate
What do people think of my 'complaint' I sent in to McDonald's. I haven't had a McDonald's in so long and they messed up my order a little bit, so I thought I would say something... in a nice way!

Enjoy.

Hello Paul

Just a quick one really and I am sorry to be hassling you with something that would no doubt have been sorted if I went back to the restaurant on the day.

Basically, a friend and myself went to the Blaydon drive thru on Sunday and I decided that I would try out one of the 1/4 pounder deluxe burgers WITH BACON.
We picked up our order, checked the items inside and drove off back to my friends house to eat the food in the sun in her garden. When we checked our orders we just looked at the items in their packaging, as I wouldn't usually check inside the burger itself until I was ready to eat it.

It was at this point, sat in the sun in the garden when I noticed that there wasn't any bacon nor cheese in my burger, as a man you can imagine how that feels. (pictures attached)
Because of it being a little trek away in the car and it was such a nice day, I decided I would make my complaint via email.

I know it seems petty, or at least I know I feel a little bit petty complaining about such an issue, but I am writing it out of principle.
Since I actually paid for those extra ingredients in my burger. And if this happened to enough people in one day, that is a nice little jump in profits for no extra work.
Or someone in the store could be hoarding bacon and cheese and selling them on to competitors!
Obviously I know this isn't the plan and it was just a simple human error, easy to make when you're trapped inside on such a nice day I guess.

I know that if I went back to the restaurant they would have no doubt swapped it over for a fresh burger, but by the time I factored in the petrol and time costs it just wouldn't have been worth it.

Is there any way you could compensate me for my losses with a voucher for some bacon and cheese please?

Kind regards,
Andrew Simpson

Associate
OP
If I worked for McDonalds and read that letter I'd probably be having a good laugh, it's clear that the OP was being light hearted about the whole thing and knew that the letter was silly.

My intention completely. I don't care if I don't get any bacon or cheese back. As long as that dude, who could be having a bad day gets a smile out of it.

You lack letter writing skills.

Oh dear, I'm sure I will live and my other skills will get me through life.

Next time I won't even bother posting anything. I just thought it would be nice to share, though I am glad some people seen the brighter side of it.

Back
Top Bottom