Heated seats
Ski hatch
De badged
Professional Media 6 disc SAT Nav phone etc
I assume the cruise / dimming mirrors / AC are standard
Run flats replaced with standards and spacesaver
BMW snow chains
Interim check due in 4000 miles all others 2013

Guy was in his sixties, bought it new and drives a diesel Golf as a daily driver, he only used this at weekends and trips to the yacht club and his ski resort in the French Alps, the rest of the time it was garaged.

Was up for £9,999 and to be frank I didn't want to offer him so low that someone else might swoop in and buy it as the advert was terrible. I paid £9,600.

I was 280 miles away but I did go to Manchester last weekend so drove to his north of York and back one night where I agreed the sale, this morning 5am taxi to station and into London then a train, get there 10.30 in time to draw the bankers draft and the deal was done, sorry about the pics literally just got back and it was dusk

Going to sort out the BMW warranty tonight and if I have time tomorrow a decent clean and decent pics, drive home was great, faultless and easy, glad to be back in a petrol, might miss an auto but the power of this is just :D

IMAG0102 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0104 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0106 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0107 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0108 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

[TW]Fox;20820376 said:
What an awesome buy, where did you find that :eek: ;)

I know sod all about BMWs some kind gent pointed me in the right direction, suppose I best learn what E it is

Does this person have any more mint cars he wants to sell? :D

may well have but I have his number :p

Good for you. Sounds like you're really pleased with it and if it's been looked after it should be a pleasure to drive, especially without the run flats

its a shame I haven't had the experience of run flats so can't comment, it just feels normal

Very nice, and a bargain too!

I'd probably buy new alloys though, never liked that design.

not interested in changing the wheels, they are a decent size with a decent sidewall for a comfy ride which is my cup of tea

After seeing SE I was gonna be all "Blurgh, should have got an M Sport", but that my man is a damn good price you've paid :cool:! Especially with the low miles and pro nav!

it just stood out on autotrader by miles, no interest as it was a rubbish advert with rubbish pics

Pristine car for good money!

I look forward to some nice pictures on your driveway in the sunlight after a wash and polish :).

had it washed today and nearly zero beading and noticed some swirls around the wheels, I have one day free over Christmas with no kids and wife if the weather is good I may well hand polish and use the rest of my hd wax

Wow - Nice car :)

How bad was the original advert?

terrible one liner with Nokia 3210 photos from a distance

Very nice, and good price too :)

& erm, you won't get 40+mpg out of the 530i, but the figures still ain't bad for the engine.

Enjoy! :)

average 36 mpg today and well I was trying it out if you know what I mean ;)

[TW]Fox;20821372 said:
There are quite genuine issues - mostly around the high pressure fuel pump and the injection system. When it goes, it can often be 'by the side of the road' stuff unfortunately.

There is a recall in place for the fuel pump in North America on the N54 engines (They dont get the N53 over there).

its had two re calls for injectors / fuel pump and the owner paid for one rough idle resulting in one injector

value wise RAC hpi valued it at 11999 private and it stuck well out on A/T the others were older, higher mileage or lesser spec

Sweet. I do like a good OcUK motors spec me with a happy ending.

It did seem a bit cheap to me, hence my question. Just proves you can't always judge a car by the advert.

Spoke to the guy first and it seemed ok, phoned my local BMW who gave me some basic info then phoned the garage he bought it from and had always had it serviced at and they were very helpful, couldn't tell me any personal data but could tell me the s/h and any recalls, then went to look at it and agreed a price subject to hpi, hpi check came back all good, double checked it against the v5 the owner had.

Advert was very poor, guy had never sold a car before so was pretty green, however hd did say he had a few phone calls in between offering him full money then and there and why he was selling it so cheap, I'm a bit surprised a dealer didn't pick it up cash quickly, I'm sure it'd be on a forecourt for 13999

Bit of an update if you care, cleaned it myself today so managed to get close up tho the paint, seems in great condition and had some recent wax of some sort, two small stone chips on the bonnet which have been touched up and a small impression on the boot, looks like it could push out from inside, about the size of a 20p and no paint damage almost a thumb imprint.

Been over a week now so have really been through the car, loving the powahh a M5 or 550 must be awesome :)

Everything works as it should no surprises

I looked at a 'M' steering wheel and gear knob but these are like new and I think it could be a waste of money, front tyres are 3mm and rears not far off so a full set of boots will be soon.

Some more photos again from my DHD so not the greatest especially as I have a 20D maybe next month after some wax :)

Think I'm going to keep the plate and advertise it as 'JUMP K' maybe make something over the retention fee?

IMAG0111 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0112 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0113 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0114 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0115 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0116 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

IMAG0117 by greensurveying2011, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom