My heating thermostat is in the wrong place!

Associate
Hi all

I have a Honeywell CM507 central heating theromostat: https://m.productcatalog.honeywellhome.com/hungary/pdf/en0h8550uk07r1205.pdf

Its on my very small landing next to a radiator. My large bedroom is on the other side of the landing and needs to be kept at 21c. As the hetaing comes on and off based on the temprature on the landing (which can increase/decrease very quickly) this is not ideal.

Ideally the stat should have been in my bedroom.

Is there a solution to this other than moving all the wiring which would be a huge job? Can I buy a 'mobile' thermostat to keep in my room and if so how would this talk to the base station?

Associate
OP
A seperate wireless theromostat would do the job ensuring MY room stays at the correct temprature but would not help me control the other rooms.

I know technically I can 'balance' the system buy turning up/down the manual thermostatic valves on all the radiators in each room. Iv tried this, it does not work because there are to many variables. Eg some rooms loose heat faster than others. Sometimes we keep other doors that lead on to the landing closed and other times they are open. The 'balancing' only works if each room retains/dissipates heat the same and we keep all doors open/closed all the time.

Digital TVR system as recommended by @JRJ and @fezster seems to be the way forward to allow me to independanty control each room. £180 for thermostat & hub. I have 7 radiators upstairs so thats circa £300.

£500 total! :o

1) How do I upload a picture - I want to show you my floor layout. (15+ years as a forum member and iv never uploaded a pic!!!)

2) Is Hive and Tado the main companies to do this type of set up?

Back
Top Bottom