my laptop's hard drive makes noise...

Associate
Hi;

I just bought Compaq Presario v2570ca laptop a week ago. It has 60GB hard drive 4200rpm. When something loads on this laptop I could hear the clicking sound coming from the hard drive. It is not extremely loud but if there is no noise around where I am sitting, I could hear a constant clicking sound from hard drive. I got this computer from future shop. I still got few days to exchange it, if anything is wrong. Is my hard drive really making lots of noise? or It is supposed to make some what noise. Anybody who has a laptop or who knows anything about this please suggest something...

Thank you so much guys;

Associate
some laptop drives, even the silent ones make low level clicking sounds. i tmight be normal for that drive.

i remember hearing that one of the hard drive manufacturers had some free software downloadable from their web site which stopped their drive doing whatever it is they do that makes the clicks. apparently the software works on any make of drive.

unfortunately i can't remember which manufacturer or what the software was called, but maybe someone else knows.

is the noise level what you would call excessive? ie. could you live with it?

Back
Top Bottom