My Log Burner...

Permabanned
Just finished having it installed. Been using it for the last few days and it really kicks out some heat. It is a small 4KW burner. Wanted a contemporary look for the new build we live in and been really pleased with it so far. Was just a bare wall to start with and we had an electric fire on there for the last couple of years. Already had a class one chimney.

Some photos, role on the snowy weather:

Permabanned
OP
Where did you get that hearth from and what sort of price did it and the total build cost?

Sourced myself.

Fire was £425, bought in Nov 2010, gone up a bit since http://www.vestastoves.co.uk/ was in the garage a year!
Hearth £425. Italian granite.
Oak beam £75
Fitting including brick work, flue lining, vermiculite etc. £1200.

Not bad as we were quoted nearly £4k from companies who do the whole package.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I got my chimney lined and then vermiculite poured round. Cant see how damp would occur.

Logs are about 8 inch Max and they need to be very dry. No burning of wood that's been painted etc.

Permabanned
OP
-10 outside. Bring it on. Hot porridge and a nice fire at 8.30am on a Saturday morning sorts that out :)

img201202113543.jpg

Permabanned
OP
Spit you have to clean your glass much?

Awesome fire :D

I clean mine with kitchen roll and windolene each time I use it. Takes seconds as it hardly deposits anything on the glass.

I have not had to clean the fire out yet despite using it about 30 times. Just leaves nothing behind, must be an effecient fire.

Permabanned
OP
I just bought a vesta stove too. So glad I seen your photo spit as we have made ours almost identical. Took me ages to find them on the internet though eventually I found them on a blog about cast iron and steel stoves. They are a small family business based in lancashire. www.vestastoves.co.uk

We bought a V6 after taking out an old esse. Works a treat and is the focal point of the house. We whent down to the factory and did a deal!! Worth trying! we saved £80 of the list price:)

Thats great, put some piccies up :)

Back
Top Bottom