my machine is dead :( plz help

Associate
thx for looking, and im sorry for the long description but:
my machine crashed yesterday for no apparent reason, now when i start it, the mobo LED lights up and the fans work, i can hear the cd rom doing something but nothing else seems to happen.

the awkward thing about my system is that it doesnt have a case speaker, so ive connected it to the speaker of my old system, then POST gives me a long beep then pause (in an endless loop) indicating to me that its memory. (the other strange thing is that the mobo is supposed to give me vocal POST messages, but i get beeps ?)

ive removed and reseated the ram, and tried a totally different stick (from a friends machine) and still it does the same thing.

another problem is my mobo doesnt have onboard gfx, and now my monitor doesnt click out of standby (although i know its ok, cause its working on my old machine) so i cant even tell if its getting to bios or not.

my system spec:
ASUS A8N SLI Premium
2gb corsair ram
MSI 7800GTX
athlon 2.4 dual core (think its 2.4)

im thinking that its probably my gfx card that is faulty, but any help is much appreciated (its a shame i cant get hold of another pci express card to try)

ive had it stripped down to the minimum, and its the same, i still cant see whats happening due to nothing appearing on the monitor, my HDD activity LED isnt flashing either, (athough the drive is working with my other machine)

i looked through the sticky post first, but i cant see anything that helps

ok thanks, i will keep that in mind about the mobo, i assumed everything would be completely dead if that was faulty, and you're right about the gfx card, i need to borrow or buy a cheap one to rule it out.

by the way, if ram was faulty but everything else was ok (mobo, cpu & gfx card) would the system still get to bios ?

ok, thanks for the help, when i get back to work on tues, i should be able to borrow a gfx card and do further tests, so until then im computerless :( (other than this antique machine im using now).
thanks again for the help

still not working, allthough ive tested the gfx card and ram in another machine, and they are fine, a friend mentioned he had a similar problem, and it was a virus that had destroyed his bios (not sure about this though).
i am 99% sure its the board, ive only had it about 8 months too :(

Back
Top Bottom