My overclock

Associate
I'm quite pleased with this. I'm running an AMD 64 3000 Venice core at 270FSB with a multiplier of 9 =2.43Ghz at 1.4v, stock, on an Abit AV8 mobo. The RAM is 2 GB generic stuff and I have set it to 266 in the BIOS.
This seems pretty good to me as I am running on the stock AMD cooler and the temps are 35 at idle and 50 with Prime 95. It is Prime stable BTW.
Let me know what you think.
Brian

Associate
OP
As far as I know the blend test is generally ok for testing an overclock. if you relly want belt and braces do all three tests but some of the other guys on this board know more about it than me.

Soldato
Mikey1280 said:
Can you not run all three tests at the same time using three instances of the application? I use SP 2004 instead as you can run three at once with no shortcut editing etc.

all three at once! thats gotta be a killer, i may try this tomorrow

Soldato
Dreadi said:
all three at once! thats gotta be a killer, i may try this tomorrow

with regards to this i have been doing it for over 3 and a half hours, would you people consider this enough, all 3 at once for that long or shall i keep it going

Associate
Dreadi said:
with regards to this i have been doing it for over 3 and a half hours, would you people consider this enough, all 3 at once for that long or shall i keep it going

I think that is probably good enough, seen as though you ran the other for 24 hours. But there is no harm in letting it run for longer. The longer it runs with no errors, the more peace of mind you'll have about your oc being stable. Nice OC btw.

Soldato
think your confusing me with the thread creator, this is the only stressing i have done so far bar the occt stability test. only reason i ask is cus i wonna go futher, i know i have the side of my case off and windows open and my room is freezing cold (i mean COLD) but if its keeping my pc at 35 degress full load i can live with it:D

Associate
Dreadi said:
think your confusing me with the thread creator, this is the only stressing i have done so far bar the occt stability test

My apologies, indeed I was getting confused! DOH! Still nice OC youve got there!

Back
Top Bottom