My pc finally went bust, now i need a new one for around a grand

Associate
Ok, so i've been out the loop as far as hardwares' concerned for awhile now and dont really have a good grasp as whats good and whats not. Been looking at the overclockers rigs, and was wondering which one around the grand mark would you guys consider the best. TIA

Associate
OP
Sorry I should mentioned that, yeah its just the box im after. As for building it myself... well really I wouldn't trust myself with installing everything correctly. I think id want a pre-built rig, unless you really think nothing can go wrong, bare in mind i've done nothing like that in my life.
Oh and its for gaming.... with a little work on the side :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hmm my main concern was getting stuff like the cpu mounted properly with its heatsink/fan. Also connecting the PSU up with everything looks tricky, theres a lot of wires lol. Is there a really straightforward walkthrough somewhere? I guess I need to order these components first.

Associate
OP
Okay just about to order it all, just finally confirmation that i should get the nforce4 over the asus crossfire mentioned? Also should i go with the retail x2 3800+s or the oem version and the arctic cpu cooler (and is it easy to install)? Cheers

Associate
OP
Ok, just ordered it all, should arrive monday :D No doubt i'll be needing you guys to help us out, think i should be ok until the wiring stage, all the guides iv read seem to rush through this bit even though theres loads of wires to connect to everything. Only changed the spec by upping the tagan to 580W one.
Also with the MSI motherboard i notice from the pic its got a fan on its northbridge compared to other makes which have heatsinks. Brings back bad memories as thats the thing that started a catalyst of all my other stuff breaking -the fan on northbridge Abit mobo. Im guessing MSI dont have such troubles?

Back
Top Bottom