My rights as a supsect.......

Associate
Also get the lawyer to contact the station ASAP to have any camera footage retained of the area in question. Depending on their storage rotation they might have got rid of the footage.

Also if its clear that the driver is at fault, consider a counter claim and depending on that it could be civil for distress or criminal if the driver was dangerous driving.

Soldato
OP
Btw don't take my advice, but if it happened as you said, get onto the train company, there is probably a camera of the incident.
Get your lawyer to request it.
If it happened as you say, creep deserves a burnt out car.

Yesterday I spoke to the senior platform member of staff.

He advised me of the CCTV coverage but was not overly sure how long it is kept.

He did say that to his knowledge, the BTP have not taken any or requested any footage.

I have feeling the BMW driver has waited until the CCTV footage likely to be unavailable as it would clearly show him hitting us on the pedestrian crossing and the hopefully the excessive speed he was travelling at.

Soldato
OP
what witnesses does he have? You cant just take photos of someone and go to the police and say 'THIS PERSON KICKED CAR!!!!!'

I would have lost my cool and beat him silly if I was in your place, you handled it well.

No one else is thinking 'typical BMW driver'? :) jokes...............

The BTP refused to tell me he has said.

I have a feeling he lied.

If he has a witness they would be lying too, they are unlikely to say that he tried to kill me on the crossing and the so called alleged dent was caused by him hitting me.

Soldato
You have a witness though (the other person on the crossing).

I'd be, personally, seeking a complaint against the BMW driver - as others have said - go see someone who can give you legal advice.

M.

Soldato
OP
You have a witness though (the other person on the crossing).

I'd be, personally, seeking a complaint against the BMW driver - as others have said - go see someone who can give you legal advice.

M.

I will do that now. But they seem only concerned in speaking to me as a suspect.

Soldato
Wow. This guy is a ****er. You made a mistake contacting the BTP.

The only thing you can really do is get a lawyer now, otherwise without guidance you may make another mistake that will screw you.

Soldato
when you say pedestrian crossing do you mean the ones with flashing yellow lights and stripes on the road?

if so the driver is completely in the wrong as pedestrians have right of way and all drivers must be prepared to stop for pedestrians.

Soldato
OP
Found this on the CAB website:

When can the police question you:

The police should not question you with a view to getting evidence until they have cautioned you. If you have been arrested, you must not be interviewed before being taken to the police station unless:

delay could lead to interference with or harm to evidence connected with the offence

delay could lead to physical harm to others

delay would alert someone suspected of committing an offence who has not yet been arrested

delay would hinder the recovery of property that is the subject of the offence.

If you are cautioned without having been arrested, you must be told you are free to leave whenever you want.

Soldato
OP
when you say pedestrian crossing do you mean the ones with flashing yellow lights and stripes on the road?

if so the driver is completely in the wrong as pedestrians have right of way and all drivers must be prepared to stop for pedestrians.

This is a pedestrian crossing with stripes that is directly outside a busy train station at a busy time of the morning.

Soldato
This is a pedestrian crossing with stripes that is directly outside a busy train station at a busy time of the morning.
in that case i cannot see a single way in which the driver could find any fault in what you were doing.

to be honest you could probably get a decent claim off of him for poor driving (or whatever the legal term for that is)

Associate

So a zebra crossing? I'm confused as to how the road can be clear until you stretch your leg forward to go onto the crossing, and he can be travelling too fast yet his car hitting your leg didn't do any damage.

How do it damage his car and not your leg? :confused:

But these things aside if it was a zebra crossing then he was very much in the wrong.

Back
Top Bottom