My Silverstone Foretress Build

Soldato
hey all

Well i finally got all the cables i need to get going with my re-build into the silverstone case, hope you like it :)

Im not 100% satisfied yet with cable management yet, but i ran out of time the other day so may have an update over the weekend if i get time. But overall i think it came out ok :)

I kind of forgot to take pics when building, but here are some of how it stands atm.

8d029d99.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

After building in it, my overall impression of the case is fantastic, its lowerd my CPU temps a massive 11C...which i was pretty amazed about. Although i did also clean the heatsink when building so that would have contributed to it.

The main thing i like about this case though, is the noise reduction it gave me. Anyone who owns a raptor knows they are stupidly noisy, i can hardly hear it at all in this case.

Im currently deciding if i should put a small red LED in there to light it up abit, what do you think? would you?

edit: The Specs!

[email protected]
Asus P35 P5K-E
4GB Kingston PC2-8500
GTX 260-216
150GB Raptor
250GB F1
Corsair 520w
Asus Xonar DX

Hope you like it, thanks:)

Last edited:
Soldato
lovin the build mate, reminds me to get some daytime pics of mine lol.

Cable management looks good to me, are you using all those HDD bays? if not id remove the top HDD cage to get more air from the front fan.

How did you find fitting the fan controller? and where did you get the funky thumbscrews?

Just lookin again what made you take off the fan grilles?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
rockin!

love the red bits

i especially love how all the fortress builds on ocuk have a zalman fan controller ;)

Soldato
OP
thanks for the kind comments peeps :cool:

ok to answer some of the questions,

to sharpygsxr - Im not using all the hard drive slots, will see what i can do over the weekend, would make sense to remove it eh. I got the thumb screws from a large retailer in america, dont think im allowed to say the name sorry. Also i removed the fan grills mainly for better airflow. :) The fan controler was a bit of a pain to fit i must admit, it got stuck a few times, had to yank it out and re-install it, but all is well now.

to rjkoneill - haha i noticed that too, people will begin to think its part of the case before long.

to Blackhawk47 - I did that:D

RJC

RJC

Don
I thought they were red, I just assumed it was the red paint reflecting or the camera angle.
Not going mad after all :p

Soldato
Looks lovely good cable managment again and like the tuniq tower how it fits all in :)

Seems too be a fortress reign lately, but tbh its one of the best cases going currently and well priced !

Soldato
OP
how easy is it to hide away the cables on this case? i have heard there isnt much space round back

it takes abit of encouragement to get the side pannel on, but as long as you keep all the cables as flat as possible on the back, you should be fine :)

Soldato
how easy is it to hide away the cables on this case? i have heard there isnt much space round back

It is a breeze! Loads of places to hide cables, so really no excuse to have many visible.

There isn't a lot of room at the back of the board, but as said already, keep the cables pretty flat and just 'encourage' the side panel back on. Works a treat...

Clean side...
IMG_0405.jpg

Messy side...
IMG_0424.jpg

So as you can see, not that much room, but more than enough to hide a multitude of sins :)

Soldato
@ Diggsy, oh my, that is a great idea with the floppy drive.

If i did get this case one day (who knows, maybe ill do a new build) then that is something that i will do too, sweet :D

Thanks. It fits in there beautifully, and for the few times it will be used, I figured it was the ideal compromise. I had to slightly trim the plastic cage and modify an old floppy cable (shortened and rounded) but it was well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom