My son wants an Android - I have some questions

Soldato
My son, has an iPhone 5S, we're predominately an iOS house. Like all of us (Mum, dad, 10yr old and himself a 12yr old) all have iOS devices. Both my boys have iPhone 5S's 16gb and iPad airs.

But he for whatever reason my 12yr old who's a bit a techy by nature wants an Android ??

He says the iPhone 5S, just doesn't cut it for him.. Fair doo's. 16gb is a bit naff. I was thinking of getting something used like an old Android LG G3, which apparently takes a micro SD card... I don't want to spoil him by getting him a new Edge S8 or whatever is all the rage in the Android world today.. He's TWELVE !!

But really not sure what i'm getting myself into... Been an avid Apple iOS owner for the last 10. Never looked at an Android.

What exactly would he be missing out on, if i got him like an 'affordable' older handset like a G3 ?

Soldato
OP
So i got my son an LG G3, which was carrier locked and i have no way of unlocking it. so i spoke to my neighbor who gave him an unlocked Galaxy Note 4 Edge, as he's always watering her flowers for her, but unfortunately, that is GSM and his MVNO carrier is CDMA (I'm in the US, if all this means nothing to you lot) So we gave it back with a big thanks..... so i'm in the used market for a phone. I was thinking either a Samsung S6 or an LG G4 both of which seem to be in line with what an iPhone 6S would be.

However the Samsung you cant change the battery (one of the best things about an android) and you cant add a micro sim.. In otherwords they're copying apple with all that nonsense... So maybe it'll be the LG G4 then... as i can pick one up for $100 ! Unless you have any other recommendations ?

Back
Top Bottom