My sons first YouTube

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. Made him super happy. I did say he wont get many likes unless I do a little promotion ;)

Yeah not sure why anyone would dislike a just turned 8 year old showing the world what he knows about a 737-800 in a simulator. Thankfully he'll just see it as positive criticism and find some reason to improve.

I'll show him these kind words too!

Soldato
OP
nicely done ... with a vr headset it be more nicer for him good stuff what software did use to record cheers
We have a first gen vive that he has used one or twice, but we're (read his mum) is not keen on him using it too much as his brain develops. Might be a little over protective, but well that's parenting.

We use OBS and a virtual cam called x-split for the software based green screen. We got it off a 3rd party site for about £9.

Soldato
OP
Thumbed it up.

Concise and well delivered, which is just how such a video should be in my opinion.

You've got a talented young man there, with great taste in games/sims!

I would recommend adjusting audio levels in future videos however, he's a little hard to hear over the game at times. There's actually a really good free group of programs that can help manage how your audio comes across during recording from a company called VB Audio, specifically VoiceMeeter which I use myself. There's some helpful and straight forward tutorials out there that take a few minutes to follow/set things up, that combined with a little post editing and it can make a world of difference.
Thanks. Used OBS and realised sound was a bit off afterwards. Especially when the engines are running and that taxi plugin starts making announcements.

Will take a look at the programs for his next video.

Soldato
OP
This is fantastic.

Beginning to think I should have uploaded this to his own account. Although I think the t&cs don't allow an 8 year old to have an account. Although he does for his tablet, but we lock it down under family link.

Just been googling. I think I can create multiple channels, so perhaps that is the answer. He can have this channel with his name on it etc.

Soldato
OP
Well that was easy. Create a brand account and moved my channel over to that, and deleted all my rubbish videos and left just his. It said comments would not carry over, but it looks like they did.

Soldato
OP
Come on when's the next video!
So he has a few ideas....

• Autopilot of the 737
  • ATC navigation using a cessna 172, although I'd have to do some editing to condense the video. So said I couldn't help on that till the weekend.
  • Landing a 737 and shutdown, although he isn't confident he can just do it in 1 or two takes.
Hopefully he'll keep it up.

Soldato
OP
I just dropped a like, well done!! great that he's learned all that and fantastic presentation, I will show my son and hopefully inspire him!

Thanks! He is learning way more than I ever did, and is using an old MS flight simulator book to understand how planes stay in the air. So plenty of educational learning along the way.

Back
Top Bottom