My Walter cooled PS4

Associate
OP
But I don't know whay my PS4 is shutting off

I've done everything right I'm using good thermal paste and have good air flow

Please help I know you guys are smart in pc building so please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Don
Well I don't now what stock ps4 cooling is supposed to look like but you don't have any cooling on the ram chips or vrms by the looks of things so maybe they are over heating.

Something like this:
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+4+Teardown/19493

Not sure if just a troll post or what... can't see a PSU, bluray drive, or hard drive connected to that PS4 motherboard, so no idea how it's even supposed to work, let alone anything else

Associate
OP
No that's a old picture I have the hdd installd now

But the ram chips do not have enytanyt on them from the original case

I. Not trolling you it's for real i can provide it I'll send eny pic you want

And the PS4 can still work without the dvd drive so it's not that

And this website says it's freindly

Don
But the ram chips do not have enytanyt on them from the original case

The ram chips do have thermal pads on them in the original case, which transfer heat directly to the large RF shield, which also doubles as a simple heatsink.

Where is the PSU situated? In a complete PS4, the single large fan blows air through the cpu heatsink, across the RF metal shield, and out via the PSU.

If it's running for 10 minutes as you say, then it's clearly heat related - something is overheating - whether it's the PSU, VRMs, RAM - it's something.

Soldato
And this website says it's freindly
it is a friendly site but you have to understand you've posted up a less than heavily informative opening post, no pics etc and with all due respect very poorly worded english. i think most people are just struggling to understand what your issue is.

i'm guessing your issue is that the system is loud? have you any way to adjust the fan speed, the pump speed or are these all just running at full throttle?

edit: sorry just saw that the ps4 is shutting off after about 10 minutes. as armageus says, something is overheating.

can i ask why you went to the effort and expense to watercool a ps4, is this a done thing these days?

Man of Honour
Well the first thing that jumps out is that you have the case sitting on a carpet and the radiator is exhausting out the bottom of the case. Due to the carpet this is going to be restrictive as hell when it comes to airflow. As a rough guide airflow should come in at the bottom and front of the case and out at the rear and top. I bet if you turned the case on it's side (being extra careful that you don't get air into the loop from a reservoir) that temps will drop. Another thing to check is that you did remove the protective plastic from the base of the waterblock and that you have used some thermal paste between the block and cpu?

Associate
OP
Yeh I removed everything and yes I've applied thermal paste and I put it on the floor just to take a picture it's now on my desk

The block is making contact I made sure of that

I've bled my loop it's not got air trapped I think I'm gonna upgrade my fans

Associate
it is a friendly site but you have to understand you've posted up a less than heavily informative opening post, no pics etc and with all due respect very poorly worded english. i think most people are just struggling to understand what your issue is.

i'm guessing your issue is that the system is loud? have you any way to adjust the fan speed, the pump speed or are these all just running at full throttle?

edit: sorry just saw that the ps4 is shutting off after about 10 minutes. as armageus says, something is overheating.

can i ask why you went to the effort and expense to watercool a ps4, is this a done thing these days?

His issue is 'clearly' stated - "His walter cooled PS4 is hover hearing badly" :D

Don
I've bled my loop it's not got air trapped I think I'm gonna upgrade my fans

Why?

How do you know the fans are the issue?

Have you got any temperature probes or an infrared thermometer? It would be worth finding out temperatures of VRMs, RAM chips, PSU, as well as actual water temperature.

If you are going to completely ignore everyone's suggestions, then you aren't going to experience a "friendly" atmosphere here I'm afraid.

Don
I am taking everything in what people are saying I rely am but thay keep saying it's the PSU or ram web I know it can't be that cas if you read what I posted you'll know it's not that

Nothing you've posted so far has disproved this?

In an original PS4, the RAM chips around the APU *DO* have thermal pads that connect them to the large metal plate - this does provide some direct thermal cooling regardless of what you are saying.

The PSU in an original PS4 is also cooled via the large cooling fan, which you no longer have. From your pictures we can't see the original PS4 psu, so have no idea how you are cooling that - without sufficient cooling it's entirely possible that it may shut off.

Back
Top Bottom