mySQL & Vidahost

Caporegime
So, I am tearing my hair out trying to connect through dreamweaver to a sql server with Vidahost.

I have my site defined and I can cxonnect to my server in the site info panel but when I have a php file open I cannot connect to the database.

I have the database created and the user to access it in the cpanel of my site but I get an unidentified error has occurred in dreamweaver.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Anyone?

Caporegime
OP
I've tried that already, and double checked the credentials, even created a new account with simple password to try it and still nothing, I've also got the supposed sql IP address from them earlier on the phone.

I've just opened a support ticket.

Thanks,

Caporegime
OP
Does anyone have any experience with dreamweaver and setting up sql connections? I did it on my college course but it seems to be getting stuck when i check the testing server, it gives the error that it doesn't link to a php file in the www/_mmserverscripts directory.

Caporegime
OP
I might be being a total numb nut here, but if I am creating the php in dreamweaver and will upload it to my webspace, and this code is going to run on my webspace do i need to enter all these details in dreamweaver?

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is a very simple login form that will add what user information is inputted into a database stored on ym domain?

Caporegime
OP
It seems now that this is some type of login issue with the ip I have been given as in DW I cannot even select a database, it just gives me an error:

MySQL Error#:1045

Access Denied for user 'digitalb_user'@'venice.footholds.net' (using password: YES)

Back
Top Bottom