• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hi there,

So I'm hoping I can get some insight into this... my old PC use to have a nvidia geforce gtx 970 card in it and at the time it was only a year or so old and performed amazingly, I sold the pc after a few years when I needed money for a car and I've got another pc now but I cannot for the life of me found the exact card I use to have online. I sort of have a picture of it but basically it use to look like the reference card, but the card was basically all black, didn't have a cover on top so you could see some of the chips etc... had the same cooler design as the reference card, minus all the flashy silver/grey stuff. It had green text on the side saying geforce gtx. And it was not one of those PNY ones, though it does look similar. If anybody has any ideas what varient my card could have been, please let me know as I'm really interested to find out. Bit of a long shot I know, but miss that old pc and want to see the parts again!
Thanks,
James

Permabanned
I think that was an NVIDIA. The reason is that only NVIDIA actually had NVIDIA on the fan.
There was one that had the same textured finish as the PNY ..
I can't get the darn image upload to work or I would show you.
Go here....

http://www.macvidcards.com/uploads/2/7/6/8/27683275/s287276877890059161_p45_i7_w640.jpeg

s287276877890059161_p45_i7_w640.jpeg

Associate
OP
Nope not that one, had the reference cooler with exhaust out by the outputs. Kind of like that PNY one but without any texture on it like
I think that was an NVIDIA. The reason is that only NVIDIA actually had NVIDIA on the fan.
There was one that had the same textured finish as the PNY ..
I can't get the darn image upload to work or I would show you.
Go here....

http://www.macvidcards.com/uploads/2/7/6/8/27683275/s287276877890059161_p45_i7_w640.jpeg

s287276877890059161_p45_i7_w640.jpeg
Said

Associate
OP
It's not a reference board - it's too short and the power sockets are in the wrong place. That looks to me like a zotac:

GeForce® GTX 970 Blower | ZOTAC

Same short backplate. Different PCB layout on the back though, so might not be that exact card.
Definitely looked like that, as long as that card said geforce gtx in green on the side then it could have been that. I thought it said nvidia on the fan but maybe I'm remembering that wrong. Otherwise it definitely looked like that card!

Associate
OP
Asus OEM used by Dell/Acer etc

znaM6jJ.jpg
0gw6uct.jpg
nc1Xjya.jpg
That definitely looks like it! Think that could have been the one. Definitely wasn't a fake, sourced it from a legit IT company who built the computer, always had up to date and correct nvidia drivers for it and it performed really well, never struggled with games like GTA V like a knock off would. Thanks for everyone's help, appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom