N73 or N80?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
My N70 contract is up next months, so need to find a new one, but not sure which phone to get.

Love my N70, has everything i need, apart from the wi-fi is there anything that the N80 has that means i should get it over the N73?

Please no recommendations to get a SE - hate their OS, Symbian is just too good.

And know where i can get a similar contract to what im on now? with '3', 600 xnet anytime mins 400 txt £26/m (was with cashback but thats fine). I use all my mins and most txts, more mins a month would be great

sid

sid

Soldato
Smit said:
Well if you don't care about WiFi then the N73 is the better phone running on better software.

If you do want WiFi then an n80 it is

They run the same software btw.

N80 has wifi and better screen while the n73 has a better camera and battery life.

I have the n80 and I admit there are bugs and the phone does need charging every 2 days at least

Soldato
sid said:
They run the same software btw.

N80 has wifi and better screen while the n73 has a better camera and battery life.

I have the n80 and I admit there are bugs and the phone does need charging every 2 days at least

Well unless they changed the specs then the n73 was running 3.1 whereas the n80 was on 3.0

Had to put up with weeks of working on 3.1 which was a disaster at first, then I switched projects so I'm not sure but I think it did stay on 3.1

Soldato
Well unless they changed the specs then the n73 was running 3.1 whereas the n80 was on 3.0

Both the N73 and N80 run S60 v3.0. The first phone announced to run v3.1 is the N95.

Personally, I'd go for the N73. It's more mainstream, the camera is better and the battery life is much better. If you've got something like T-Mobile's Web'n'Walk then WiFi becomes less of a concern. The N80's higher res screen is nice, but is it worth the battery life drain?

The N80 is a lot more stable with later firmware releases. You can update your phone online.

Soldato
Must have reverted back to 3.0 .... I know they were having a lot of problems with 3.1 but didn't think they'd go back to 3.0 especially since this was like a year ago almost

Soldato
Im going for an N80. Boss has one at work and the screen is fantastic. Great phone imo and the wifi is great, since the entire site I work at is wireless :)

Not to mention it is a much much better looking phone imo :)

Associate
Dont get Orange or Voda N80, as Orange have stopped supporting N80 and you will be stuck with an older bug ridden firmware. There are unconfirmed rumours that Voda are also doing the same. Don't know about T-Mobile, or O2. Three models seem to take the latest (v4) firmware.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
im gona get n73, seems its all round better then n80 apart from no wi-fi, but i doubt i would use it anyway

till the n95 comes out anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom