N92 Availability

Soldato
Anyone know a confirmed release date for this phone yet?

Currently having a lot of fun with Voda who promised me one as part of my upgrade agreement when retention called be last year... now they have decided they wont stock and and dont know what they can offer me instead !

Appreciate any info anyone might have on this :)

Soldato
The N92 is a DVB-H TV phone and, since DVB-H isn't due to hit the UK until at least 2009, I wouldn't be surprising if it never reaches these shores.

Have you looked at the N93? Similar design, but slightly better specs (minus the digital TV, of course).

Soldato
OP
Tunney said:
The N92 is a DVB-H TV phone and, since DVB-H isn't due to hit the UK until at least 2009, I wouldn't be surprising if it never reaches these shores.

Have you looked at the N93? Similar design, but slightly better specs (minus the digital TV, of course).

Oh... That was the main reason I wanted the phone ! Where did you hear it would be 2009?

Soldato
I believe it was on the BBC. They can't start broadcasting DVB-H until some air space is freed up when analogue TV is switched off.

Soldato
Conanius said:
hmm.. that might be stuffing that idea then ! guess theres no other DVB/Analogue TV phones out there that would work then?

I think Gigabyte do one, WM5 based, with a PAL tuner. But it's not really released on any network I don't think. The g.Smart I think it's called.

Why not choose a 3g phone that will access streaming provider content, e.g. Vodafone Live!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom