Nameservers and hosting?

Associate
I'm trying to get my dad's new website domain to point to his hosting for the website however when he bought the hosting they asked what the domain name would be but since then he changed his name about the domain?

Will I have to contact them about it before the domain will successfully point to our hosting through their nameservers?

Thanks

You'll need to point your .com domain DNS to the hosting nameservers and if it's shared hosting, then you'll need to contact your host so they can update your account for the new .com.

Alternatively if you have the option of 'Addon Domains' on your hosting account, then you can setup the .com domain as an addon (note your previous domain name will still be the primary domain on the account; addon domains are secondary).

You'll need to point your .com domain DNS to the hosting nameservers and if it's shared hosting, then you'll need to contact your host so they can update your account for the new .com.

Alternatively if you have the option of 'Addon Domains' on your hosting account, then you can setup the .com domain as an addon (note your previous domain name will still be the primary domain on the account; addon domains are secondary).

I tried what you said in the second paragraph but I get to the control panel as you need to be able to access www.youdomain.com/cpanel to get into it.

I'll try ringing them or maybe just send them an email.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom