Nandos chicken - how do they do it?

Associate
They would never use a whole bottle per breast.

Also, I think their chicken is par-cooked sous vide in the sauce so all they have to do it put it on a roaring hot grill for 2 mins a side and then serve. There is no way I can think of that would allow a restaurant to serve whole chickens as quick as they do. It has to be precooked.

Caporegime
They would never use a whole bottle per breast.

Also, I think their chicken is par-cooked sous vide in the sauce so all they have to do it put it on a roaring hot grill for 2 mins a side and then serve. There is no way I can think of that would allow a restaurant to serve whole chickens as quick as they do. It has to be precooked.

it's mass produced they aren't using bottles but vats of the stuff probably in 50 litre kegs. if you saw the bag i would say there was easily 5 litres of marinade in it.

they do pre-cook the chicken in an oven for 30 mins. they then flame grill them whilst basting with a different marinade before serving, this second marinade you cannot buy in the shops.

Soldato
I find Nando's chicken really overpriced, you can get the same type of chicken from an independent 'grille' restaurant for much less and often it tastes better. The Nando's chicken is really dry.

Caporegime
I find Nando's chicken really overpriced, you can get the same type of chicken from an independent 'grille' restaurant for much less and often it tastes better. The Nando's chicken is really dry.

It does differ from one restaurant to another. i find the busier the restaurant the better it is. probably due to it being fresher. there is probably 6 of them within half an hour from me and the one i like always has a 45 minute wait minimum no matter what day or time.

Caporegime
it's mass produced they aren't using bottles but vats of the stuff probably in 50 litre kegs. if you saw the bag i would say there was easily 5 litres of marinade in it.

they do pre-cook the chicken in an oven for 30 mins. they then flame grill them whilst basting with a different marinade before serving, this second marinade you cannot buy in the shops.

The marinade is probably mixed with a brine so its much more dilute than the actual sauced you buy.

Back
Top Bottom