NASA space shuttle spots a UFO

Man of Honour
Yes, this was bait for all you alien conspiracy hunters. ;)

NASA spotted something unidentified flying below the shuttle (no way to tell how far or how big from the video I've seen). If you were hoping to see the shuttle landing tomorrow, you're out of luck. They've implemented a 24-hour delay to try and figure out what they saw and whether they need to carry out a third damage inspection.

It's still there - I just checked. 'Enhanced' version on my webspace too. :)

As stated above, it could be ice shaken off when they carried out the flight systems check-out this morning. Also, there was a bit of tile 'shim' hanging out of the bottom of the orbiter and it may have shaken that loose.

LOL - read the first line of my opening post again. If nothing else, it proves that the letters UFO cause all sorts to pop out of the closet. :)

It's most likely a bit that's come off the space shuttle - that's why they're getting equipment back out to have a good look around.

It's not through the clouds, it's above them. It also seems to be going at an orbital velocity remarkably similar to that of the shuttle?

I'm going to have to refresh my mind on 2001: A Space Odyssey before commenting on the monolith idea though. :)

Just to clarify, there were at least three objects. One was spotted out a window and was believed to be a plastic bag, part thereof, or a plastic/metal clip of some kind.

The one in the video was most likely either a tile filler or a plastic tile spacer, both of which were seen early on in the flight but were not there on yesterday's inspection. Chances are they shook loose during a somewhat violent hydraulic test.

Either way, nothing of any consequence. Atlantis landed at 11.21 this morning and the crew have disembarked and are probably having lunch right now.

Back
Top Bottom