need a 2nd phone (samsung) do i upgrade mine or get a cheap one?

Underboss
I'm in a dilemma at the moment and i like to get a 2nd phone, so i have one for work use only (PAYG and WIFI calling as it'll be on the WIFI all day)

I have currently a Samsung A53 (A55 is the new one i think) so its 2 years old now

do i upgrade it and keep it as my work phone or buy a cheap one and use the cheap one as work phone ?

Prices seem silly now

Looked at the A55 £370
Looking at A14? £200

so I am not sure what's the best solution, any feedback welcome

Thanks

Underboss
OP
How much would you want to spend if you bought a flashy one, would you be going flagship?
Are you happy with the a53? I guess the battery may start to degrade more soon, so leaving it as a work phone and you getting a new one might be a good idea.
Would you be happy just going with the A55 for your new phone?

Thanks for the reply

ive been really digging deep into what i want

and i think i want to "upgrade" my phone now, battery is getting a bit meh so ill keep my A53 as a work only phone

Im happy with it, but it does feel sluggish occasionally (that's just browsing the net) which was why i was thinking A55

funnily enough, ive been looking and comparing the S24 series (new and 2nd hand) (i realise there's a lot of fakes about)

I currently feel going from a A53 to an A55 isn't really an upgrade though

if i was to get the S24, id be looking at the ultra, purely because the chipset is not Samsung's own,, the standard S24 screen is smaller than my A53, so i wouldn't get that one

Underboss
OP
so i picked up an S24 ultra at a good price

checked it over, and it does seem to be the real thing

anyone know if this is real ?

TkFG2c6.jpg

Mv6wVRz.jpg

EAWgiuj.jpg

jG71KXq.jpg

0YpjeHr.jpg

B4TZqP2.jpg

WwkEZ2n.jpg