Need a car for the wife - suggestions please !

Associate
Mrs P is going back to work and needs a run around - I think she is hitting the Female equivalent of a MLC so would like something small, fun, nippy, and preferable with a soft top type thing. Budget is £7.5k. Second hand, up to 3/4 years old, under 35k miles, 4 seats an advantage but not essential..

Almost had a bite at a smart roadster that had been chipped and modded ;) or thinking poss a 206 cabriolet ?

Any ideas much welcomed !

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info :)

Just had a quick look and could get an 03 MGTF 160 for about that money.
I used to have one for a while early on in my MLF and thought it was quite well put together and a lot of fun. Anyone else any views and experience of these or any other suggestions..

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox said:
It is pretty much the only choice. Convertibles have exceptional residual values and generally tend to almost exclusively cost in excess of £15,000 new.

This, coupled with your budget, means very, very few sub 5 year old convertibles are available for this sort of money.

I can think of the 206CC, the Copen and..... thats about it really.

MGTF 160 a complete no no ?

I only had mine about 6 months one summer and it was a hoot with the top down. Not sure what it would be like in the depths of winter though..

Associate
OP
weeble said:
Are those little smart coupe roadster things in budget - the low one, not the squashed one? Got good little chassis underneath them too, with a wee engine and turbo.

Yep - that's what really started me thinking, mate was selling one with a bigger turbo, remap, decat and loads of Brabus goodies, wheels etc..
Looked great and supposed to go really well - some issues with the gearbox though but supposed to be better with the flappy paddles.

Associate
OP
This is very tempting..

59b8c97c.jpg

Enlarge2002 PEUGEOT 206 CC Converts,
02 reg. 25000 miles, met black paint, c/coded, air con, power hood, black leather, CD player, multi function steering, nice miles, alloys, remote alarmed, immobiliser, absolute stunning example, f/main dealer history, one keeper, p/x a pleasure. £7,999. .

Associate
OP
Many Thanks for all the contributions guys, plenty to think about..

Having had a chat with her tonight she might also be interested in a little sporty car, summat like a Puma , Tigra or the like ? She also like the look of the KA - is there a sporty one ? what about the droptop one - too expensive ?

I'm still thinking about an older MX5 btw ;)

:D

Back
Top Bottom