Need a laptop for Microsoft office and Web browsing

Associate
Hello
We have 2 laptops already that the kids use for homework but my other half is beginning an online course that will last approx 5 months so we find we need another basic laptop.
Just need to for Microsoft Office applications and Web browsing we think and hopefully nothing much more taxing than that.
We don't want to spend much but at the same time don't want something that is going to be painfully slow.
Can you recommend anything please?
I saw this and would be interested in opinions or suggestions:

***No competitor linking!***

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I suggest you delete the last line of your quote and unlink the first before the mods unlink you. You've been here long enough to know any links to competitors are forbidden.

It's hard to imagine just how slow that laptop is going to be. The N4020 only scores a passmark of 1570 and that, combined with an HDD, will make for an unpleasant experience. The ASUS VivoBook X515JA looks a much better option as its CPU has three times the power and it has a 256GB SSD..

Associate
OP
I suggest you delete the last line of your quote and unlink the first before the mods unlink you. You've been here long enough to know any links to competitors are forbidden.

It's hard to imagine just how slow that laptop is going to be. The N4020 only scores a passmark of 1570 and that, combined with an HDD, will make for an unpleasant experience. The ASUS VivoBook X515JA looks a much better option as its CPU has three times the power and it has a 256GB SSD..
Thanks for the advice & sorry for the link. I've only dipped in and out of the forum over the years so was unaware.
HH

Back
Top Bottom