Need a Laptop/Notebook - Check out OcUK First!!

OcUK Staff
HI there

For the first time ever OcUK is having a big push in Notebooks were stocking what we believe to be popular configurations from Asus, DELL and Acer all at very aggressive pricing.

See our news post HERE for more information.

The DELL laptops are the popular configurations and by buying from OcUK you can save yourself £50 upwards and all are supplied with the usual DELL 1year collect and return warranty. Models are been held in stock for next day delivery. :)

The Asus notebooks again are popular configurations with some good specifications including Athlon processors and all are competively priced. They all come with 2year collect and return warranty. Again models are been held in stock for next day delivery.

Also Acer shall soon be placed on the website at competitive prices.

Hopefully OcUK can meet the needs of many people searching for a notebook for whatever the use maybe, pay us a visit and if there are any additions you would like to see as you feel Asus, DELL or Acer don't fit your requirements then please let us know and why. :)

Soldato
I'm liking the 3rd laptop down on the ASUS section, looks very reasonable, I would like to see 'more' portable laptops in such brackets such as the 14" ones, that's only nit picking but I just like smaller laptops most of the time (with a nice res)

Good deals!

Soldato
i have to say having had a thinkpad for the last couple of weeks, i'm incredibly impressed by the build quality and the additional software features it offers. Far better build quality than other laptops i've used.

More business orientated than OcUK's target customer i'd guess though.

Permabanned
which model have you got? what size screen? Im looking for a nice small laptop 13-14" screen, doesnt need to be too powerful would like a centrino though. All the small laptops i can find are like the sony's which are 2ghz centrino 1gbram etc when really i want 1.7ghz centrino 512mb...

Soldato
Would be nice to see some Apple Laptops (Macbook Pro and Ibooks) in the near future! The only thing from Apple worth buying.

Soldato
Mr Mister said:
which model have you got? what size screen? Im looking for a nice small laptop 13-14" screen, doesnt need to be too powerful would like a centrino though. All the small laptops i can find are like the sony's which are 2ghz centrino 1gbram etc when really i want 1.7ghz centrino 512mb...

my thinkpad is a z60m, which is a 15.4 widescreen, so its quite bulky. The z60t is a 14inch widescreen version that is quite a bit smaller, and the t series are available in 14inch 4:3 screens and are very thin and light from what i've seen

Soldato
BUSH said:
my thinkpad is a z60m, which is a 15.4 widescreen, so its quite bulky. The z60t is a 14inch widescreen version that is quite a bit smaller, and the t series are available in 14inch 4:3 screens and are very thin and light from what i've seen
Another Z60M owner?! :D
Out of curiosity, check out the Z60M review in my sig and if you wouldnt mind, would you comment on some of the points ive touched on, such as problems, and/or other bits, i'll add your stuff to the main review. Thanks. :)

MMD

MMD

Associate
I'm glad OCUK have decided to update their notebook range.
Just a few questions for anyone still reading this thread though, if I may. It's my 21st birthday the beginning of next month, and i'd like to spend £1500 (or less) on a desktop replacement for my ageing AthlonXP 2400+. What will these laptops be like for modern games? It's been quite a while since I was able to play games such as BF2 etc.

The Dell Inspiron 9400 Core Duo T2300 - XP Home, looks rather nice, but the keyboard does look rather small, can anyone confirm/deny? Also will updating to Windows Vista invalidate the warranty?

The Asus range look to have a nice one for around £1200, but it looks like that Dell will out perform in games, is that the case?

Cheers

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Another Z60M owner?! :D
Out of curiosity, check out the Z60M review in my sig and if you wouldnt mind, would you comment on some of the points ive touched on, such as problems, and/or other bits, i'll add your stuff to the main review. Thanks. :)

will do, certainly one problem thats come to light, is a problem with the wireless and lenovos connection manager software.

MMD

MMD

Associate
Why? I hate lugging my PC up 6 floors to my flat every few months (Uni). I'd rather have a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom