Need a lightweight laptop

Associate
Hi guys,

I am looking for a lightweight laptop / netbook. I have around £400 to spend, maybe more if it is worth it.

I currently go to University 1 day a week on a work placement and it will primarily be used for my coursework for use at University and home. This means it will need to have a big enough screen and easy enough to use keyboard but at the same time it must be light and portable.

I don't really know much when it comes to laptops as this will be my first so any help appreciated.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

raprotmonkey - I had noticed that Compaq earlier and looks quite nice, i would have ideally liked to purchase one tomorrow though.

bledd. - That netbook whilst looking very good is too short on battery life. It would run out of battery before a lecture is finished.

Anyone had any experience with the Dell 11z? Specs seem quite good for the price?

Associate
OP
Funnily enough Moeks i was just playing around with one and was quite impressed and for a smidge under £500 seemed quite good value for money. It was light with a good sized LED screen with large battery life. Seems like i will be opting for the 4810T.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions but i feel after trying out a few that 10" will be too small for an extended period of use.

Anyone else had experience with the 4810T? Or the dell 11z? The dell seems to have good specs but cant find too much info on them.

Back
Top Bottom