Need a new chair, please help!

Soldato
I've currently got a La-Z-Boy Trafford Big & Tall Executive Bonded Leather Office Chair

I've had it for a number of years but feel the padding has been rinsed and I'm now getting aches in my bum and legs. With working from home for 8 hours and then gaming for 4 + in the evening I need something that's comfortable. Also, I play a lot of FPS and need to rest my elbow on something and arm aim/elbow aim so the arms need to be pretty adjustable. I have a weird table so to get them into the perfect position is pretty important.

I'm a bigger lad, 19 stone, very broad shoulders and very large thighs, think a fat rugby player/bodybuilder type person.

I've been looking at the Titan or the Hero so far both have read mixed reviews for both, some say they are uncomfortable and some say they are comfortable. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Associate
I had the titan. it was very firm to start with on my boney bum took a while to get used too it and took a while to break it in. If you have a cushy bum it will be fine though. The support was excellent though from the hero even though i went from a lumbar support hero to a non lumbar omega I definately could feel the loss of that. The lumbar support's are great in the higher end models.

I now have a SL omega and it was instantly comfy, I can sit for a long as I want now without any discomfort.

I would go for the titan soft-weave if you don't have kids or dogs that you let around your chair.

Associate
Both the SL Omega and Hero are great chairs, however I would recommend the Hero Black Edition as the OC guys are top of their game and offer excellent support and fast delivery

Soldato
I got the SL Titan delivered a few weeks ago, 5 days working from home plus a bit of gaming on it in the evenings and the base has now started to soften a bit, theres a lot of talk of it being firm, but I feel its supporting rather than hard, its not for example like sitting on a wooden bench

No experience of the hero, looked long and hard at it when comparing but in the end to 2 seats looked and offered very similar performance so it came down to being able to get the Titan in black and orange

Back
Top Bottom