Need a new desktop is the dinovo worth the money?

Associate
Hey Guys,

My two year old microsoft Vrs 1 Media Desktop is finally failing me and i'm in desperate need of a new desktop. I would love to have the dinovo but £132 inc postage for a desktop is quite a lot of money. What is the build quality like? my current desktop is cheap plastic and i wanted something a bit more sturdy and stylish. I've had a go on a mx1000 laser mouse and i think they are the bees so its mainly the keyboard and this media pad that i wanted to know about. Can it really be used a remote control for things like winamp, media player etc. I hear you can remap every button on the keyboard as well, is this true?

Thanks guys

Luke

I have had the dinovo media bluetooth desktop for about 2 1/2 years. It was getting worn out though so I thought I would make a warranty call and logitech quickly offered sending me a completely new dinovo bluetooth laser set for free.

The build on it is excellent and the controls are really convenient for controlling media, which favors windows media player. This is a bit of a pain for me since I mostly use iTunes so I would have to make all new playlists if I wanted to run their medialife program for my music. But if you dont care for this full screen interface then the buttons on it can be made to control any media program really.

Through the course of my ownership of the old dinovo I noticed the keys become smooth (lose the nice texture feel) and the individual feedback isnt as springy. This is especially apparent when compared to the new set sent to me by logitech. I hope they addressed this with the newer version since it feels like it has perfect feedback now, but it could be because its just new.

On the new set, the only issue Ive had is with mouse lag apparently the bluetooth usb piece has to be placed pretty close (its on the usb hub on the back of my apple display) in order to avoid getting a very noticeable and annoying mouse lag (im talking about a 2-3 sec between movement and cursor movement). I didnt have that issue with the older bluetooth set so I guess the signal isnt as strong with the dinovo laser set.

Overall if you want something really quiet and nice to work on as well as look at you cant go wrong with the dinovo. Ive recieved numerous compliments on it and the only minor downside is the price, and having to replace batteries in the mediapad every 3-4 weeks. This was my first time dealing with the warranty of an item and logitech's service has been extremely attentive and quick to make me a happy customer.

DSC00696.jpg

Back
Top Bottom