Need a new phone please phone gurus

Soldato
Hi there...

The time has come to upgrade my aging SE K750i. It's been a great phone, probably the best I've ever owned (until the joystick started to go squiffy recently).

Due to Orange coverage being pants at uni I'm thinking of changing over to Vodaphone as their coverage is very good in Notts.

Basically I'm a bit torn about what I want and I was wondering if you guys could spec me a few options?

I had a Samsung E700 for a while and quite liked having a clamshell, but hated virtually everything else about the phone (buggy, bad keypad, camera open all the time etc). I've been really impressed with everything about Sony Ericsson and I'd struggle to go back to Nokia or anyone else now, but I've heard a lot of good things about the new Samsungs and I don't like the fact that the new version of the K750i is bigger and heavier as I liked it being relatively small and sleek.

Basically, what are the best clamshells out there at the minute and what are the best K750i-esque phones - i.e. simple phone, does what it says on the tin, decent camera, nice keypad for texting, and nice size/balance?

How is the Samsung E900? I've heard slide phones have an annoying habit of opening in your pocket when you try and get them out to answer a call, and then accidentally hang up, is this the case? I don't want to get a sexy phone that's annoying to use every day!

Thanks to anyone who can advise me and offer a few alternatives!

Pete

Soldato
OP
area51_for_psx said:
Well I got my hands on the K610im the other day and I like it 2mp camera and its lovely to txt with

How does it compare features wise to the K750i?

Also, the K800i is a bit on the big/heavy side as I've said.

What about clamshells or the E900?

Back
Top Bottom