Need a new PSU please help

Associate
I have just got a new gfx card and need some more power.

I have a budget of £30 and am currently running a 400w colour case PSU.

I am running a 4600 x 2 AM2
2 x 512mb DDR2
1 x 250gb SATA hard drive
1 x 7900GS

When I start using some games I can here the PSU fan slow down.

Please could anyone provide me a a good quality PSU to run the above.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Could go up alittle but want to make sure it will do the job and also take a second DVD rom/burner.

Dont want to have to replace it agin in 6 months time

Man of Honour
If you spend £30 on a 600 Watt PSU much greater chance it won't be up to the task, quality (good power distribution: plenty +12v power, ability to sustain high loads and decent components: caps, fans etc) > wattage. Any 400 Watt from a decent make will power your rig with no problem and leave some to spare, Seasonic, Tagan, Enermax, the Akasa already suggested etc, but it'll cost you at least another tenner over that budget.

Soldato
Tetras has said it all really... I'd recommend the Seasonic S12 I have powering my rig. 3800X2, OCZ 1GB and a 7800GTX.

Quality brand 400W PSUs will run your rig fine, but you're going to need to up your budget.

Soldato
Having spent so much on your system you really need to get a quality PSU from a well known supplier. As already said you should look at Seasonic, Antec, Tagan. Enermax etc. The extra money needed will be well worth it in the end. ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks guys,

Will take a look at them this week. Have you spotted any good offers or can you recomend one that is a good price at the moment?

Also should I be looking for a spacific type I dont know how much PSU`s have changed since list time I installed one. What do I need to look out for?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What about this??

OCZ ModStream 450w ATX2.2 Power Supply (CA-016-OC)

Available This Week Only for just £37.99 +VAT

Would this do the trick??

Back
Top Bottom