Need a new wireless broadband router

SIB

SIB

Associate
My current wireless router (cheap and nasty) is falling over every other day now so i am looking to replace it with something a bit more substancial. I'm using Telewest Cable broadband and share the connection between two PCs in one room (wired trhough the router) and have 2 laptops and a PDA i use wirelessly.
I'm currently looking at the Netgear 614 and the Linksys WRT54GS. Anyone recommend one over the other and why (or something else entirely around the £50 mark) ?
One of my mates tells me Linksys are really unreliable and someone else swears by them !!

SIB

SIB

Associate
OP
CocoPops said:
ooops..

spot the person that just read "wireless broadband router" and assumed ADSL :( I just reread the thread and saw the cable reference.

oops...

LOL, glad to see it's not just me finding it all confusing !! :D. Thanks for the advice so far, i'll leave it a few more days before finally deciding

SIB

SIB

Associate
OP
Cheers, i've also sourced a Linksys WRT54G for £40 which seems pretty good. I wouldn't really use the speed booster function anyway as one laptop has "B" spec wireless built in and the other laptop is "G" via a PCMCIA card but is only used for web browsing. Is there any real reason for me to spend the £10 extra for the "GS" model if i do plump for the Linksys?

Back
Top Bottom