Need a simple form building tutorial..

Soldato
Looked under the Sticky but couldn't see anything.

I need to create a simple form with contact details and then a ticklist... could do with a good tutorial, if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Soldato
Building the form is easy, but what do you want to do with the information? Store it in a database? Email it somewhere? Both? Also, what language do you need?

I'd imagine a google for 'form tutorial [Language] to [Database || Email]' should do what you need.

Soldato
OP
Building the form is easy, but what do you want to do with the information? Store it in a database? Email it somewhere? Both? Also, what language do you need?

I'd imagine a google for 'form tutorial [Language] to [Database || Email]' should do what you need.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I really don't know what language to use to be honest - programming isn't my strong point!

I need it to be emailed to me. I have googled already but all I seem to get are contact forms or feedback forms and my programming knowledge isn't really good enough to amend the script to include a checklist.

I just want a form for potential customers to check off their current MS Office knowledge so I can quote them for training.

Joe

Soldato
So is this form going to be a web based one, or would something like building a form in an MS Office program that they could then email to you work for you?

Soldato
OP
So is this form going to be a web based one, or would something like building a form in an MS Office program that they could then email to you work for you?
No, it needs to be web based really. I offer MS office training, so I have to assume that some people wont be able to use office even at a basic level.

I have a feedback form setup on my website already (www.dellen.co.uk) which needed server side script to run. It was about a year ago since I set it up though so I cannot remember what script it was! I got the code for that from an online contact form maker but it took me a while to even add an extra line for telephone details, so I really woudln't feel confident amending that script even. The last time I did any actual programming was in BBC Basic and C64 basic... showing my age now!

I was really hoping to find a resource website, like the one I used for my feedback form, which is more customisable.

Soldato
I personally use WuFoo for almost all of my forms.

http://www.wufoo.com/

Paid for options let you add things like workflows that determine what fields appear based on answers to other questions.

An example of this from the last time I used this feature was a wedding invitation/rsvp site that obviously hid things like selecting which meal they'd prefer if they said they couldn't come.

Soldato
Simple option would be to use google docs to create a form and just store the info in a spreadsheet. Share on the website and you can just log in and read it :)

Soldato
OP
You offer web design and SEO but can't even build a form ???

Edit: in fact your comment's 'back' button takes you to a completely different website..

Yes, I offer the design element and someone else does the SEO. I haven't worked in web design for quite some time though and when I did the designers worked in one office and the developers in another.

To be honest though web design is just a small side arm to what I want to push which is the training.

Soldato
OP
I personally use WuFoo for almost all of my forms.

http://www.wufoo.com/

Paid for options let you add things like workflows that determine what fields appear based on answers to other questions.

An example of this from the last time I used this feature was a wedding invitation/rsvp site that obviously hid things like selecting which meal they'd prefer if they said they couldn't come.

I will give that a go, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom