Need advice on Gaming Rig again :)

Associate
OP
So I installed msi's Update Live 6 software for the mobo and it stated on there there was an update for the HD Audio driver so I install that and i'm sure that is what fixed the sound issue I was having. Yes, rolling back to the previous version of the gfx driver before this one removes all those issues you see in that video.

It plays games fine with this driver or the previous driver, the only issue with the game I had was the sound but that's now fixed as far as I can see.

I can roll it back for my mate at work but if this is a driver issue how do I know this will get resolved and not stuck on this driver version? I'm conscious of the 14 day return window if I do need to return this product because as said I'm building this for someone who is not computer savvy and I don't want to stitch them up with a dodgy card that's all.

Soldato
So I installed msi's Update Live 6 software for the mobo and it stated on there there was an update for the HD Audio driver so I install that and i'm sure that is what fixed the sound issue I was having. Yes, rolling back to the previous version of the gfx driver before this one removes all those issues you see in that video.

It plays games fine with this driver or the previous driver, the only issue with the game I had was the sound but that's now fixed as far as I can see.

I can roll it back for my mate at work but if this is a driver issue how do I know this will get resolved and not stuck on this driver version? I'm conscious of the 14 day return window if I do need to return this product because as said I'm building this for someone who is not computer savvy and I don't want to stitch them up with a dodgy card that's all.

You can try with another card, but fact you've now sorted out sound issue From MSI side, and that Rolling back Drivers sorts the issue with the GPU- have a feeling its the AMD GPU Driver .

Can always opt out of Auto Update for the Client .

Associate
OP
OK I emailed OCUK with an update and link to my video and Ill see what they think.

If its worth rolling back the driver and using with an older version for now until hopefully a fix comes out then I guess that's fine. I think when I get home from work tonight ill roll the driver back, final test play a couple more games and hopefully we are good to go.

tbh I like the card as when it works it's great and don't really want to return it.

Cheer mate for all your help with this :)

Associate
OP
right, rolled back the driver again this evening which resolved the graphic issue in windows BUT sound issue came straight back.

So, contacted OCUK who have provided RMA and the card is being shipped back to them tomorrow for full refund and ill be getting that Gigabyte RTX 2070 (non-super) Windforce X2 instead which we all know is going to work straight out of the box.

Unless AMD do some serious investment into the driver division I will not be buying or recommending their products again.

I got burnt, lesson learned.

Cheers.

Soldato
right, rolled back the driver again this evening which resolved the graphic issue in windows BUT sound issue came straight back.

So, contacted OCUK who have provided RMA and the card is being shipped back to them tomorrow for full refund and ill be getting that Gigabyte RTX 2070 (non-super) Windforce X2 instead which we all know is going to work straight out of the box.

Unless AMD do some serious investment into the driver division I will not be buying or recommending their products again.

Cheers.

Might still have sound issue as that's related to the board. But fingers crossed . Sound via HDMI or jack ?

Only use display port and Jack myself

Glad to hear OCUK keep up good RMA . Helps rep on here can nag if they are a little slow lol

Apologies for the RX recommendation. RX in general have been absolutely solid until recently . Aorus was last of the cards to be reviewed and came out in top for its pricing to power etc . Seen a few comment about UE4 issues :(

Associate
OP
Just through the HDMi which surely means that its controlled by the audio driver within the graphic driver? I hope its not a mobo issue otherwise that going back too lol. We will see when the new card arrives I guess.

No worries regarding the recommendation, you weren't to know I was going to have these issues.. you were only trying to help. The Ryzen 5 3600 seems to be pretty good don't have a problem with that :) Who ever heads their CPU department need to go have a word with their graphic card department :))

They won't issue refund until they have the card back which is understandable so im going to have to lay down the extra money to buy the 2070 tomorrow otherwise this build is just going to drag on and its already destroying my enjoyment of PC building.

Anyway, ill let you know how the new card goes.

Cheers for your help mate, I do appreciate it.

Soldato
@GoblinKingUK
Believe your right with audio via HDMI and GPU.
Most gamers are on Display port for Sync tech, specially Nvidia and only Display port policy.

See that monitor is G-sync enabled so HDMI is out of option ! Again not sure if that monitor supported Freesync via HDMI, not all monitors do, my Aorus monitor Freesync and G-sync is Sync tech via Display Port only !

Trying going Display port... Enable Freesync and see if you get screen issues ???

@LiE sure you had Aorus RX card before going to stock Edition with water block .. did you run both via HDMI or displayport with Freesync monitor ?

In awe of this build !

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33415492/

Last edited:
Soldato

Cheers.
I got the gigabyte 2070 s as a replacement for mineworked straight away no more crashing of pc l can just game so don't think you'll have any problems shame because the aorus card id chose and was looking forward to it but wasn't meant to be spoke to tech and went for the Nvidia card as didn't want to take the risk again

Soldato
I got the gigabyte 2070 s as a replacement for mineworked straight away no more crashing of pc l can just game so don't think you'll have any problems shame because the aorus card id chose and was looking forward to it but wasn't meant to be spoke to tech and went for the Nvidia card as didn't want to take the risk again

Running over HDMI with audio issues . Most of use are via Display port for AMD then then 99% for Nvidia with Sync monitors . Wondering if this can be a cause for issue with the card or bad batch

Soldato
Running over HDMI with audio issues . Most of use are via Display port for AMD then then 99% for Nvidia with Sync monitors . Wondering if this can be a cause for issue with the card or bad batch
I used Displayport on mine but looking at the video above mine was different as in mine restarted the pc whilst gameing the card got very hot to touch aswell so think mine was faulty after a couple of mins

Associate
OP
So just a quick update on this, the RTX 2070 arrived today, fitted, and worked perfectly straight outta the box. latest driver installed, have sound, no graphic issue in windows, games ran as expected.

My advice, stay clear of the 5700 XT until AMD sort their drivers out.

Back
Top Bottom