Need advice on Nameserver and domain name

Associate
Hi all I need some advice. Someone created a site using Mobi Rise and they want me to sort out the hosting side. So they bought a domain and hosting from separate companies.

Ok, I upload the files to the hosting site via FTP, I got the nameservers from the hosting company, logged into the domain account and filled in the nameservers in the appropiate place.

At first I got it saying that the name was recently registered, and now I get site cannot be found. I know it can take 48 hrs to propagate the DNS servers, but if this is the case then would it cause the above site not found error or am I missing something in Cpanel??

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice. They are using Site Ground (I had never heard of them tbh) and the domain firm is Namecheap.

I will see if I can find the IP address in Cpanel and try access the site that way. Thanks again.

Associate
OP
Looks like something gone wrong as I still get Site can't be reached. Could it be something to do with the fact that they got the created site as a sub domain?? How would I point a domain name to a sub domain site or is it not possible?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help. Yeah if I type the subdomain address in it loads the landing page I got. The site loads ok with that, I am just missing the redirect by the looks. I tried a 301 but it didn't work the way I wanted it.

Is htcaccess available in cpanel?? Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help, but unfortunately it don't work. I think I am going to have to contact Siteground for help.

the Sub Domain of http://dtconstruction.datamakercloud.com/ works fine but I can't get the site to load with the domain name from name cheap. I tried the .htcaccess file and redirects, etc but no luck.

Thanks for your help anyway, I must accept defeat for now lol

Associate
OP
Thanks for your offer of help, but I did manage to get it sorted myself last night. I setup the domain name as a addon domain, which I forgot to do. As soon as I did that the domain name pointed straight to the subdomain site.

Thanks again for all your help, it was much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom